• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

The irony is that his own big men at Tulsa got worse between years one and two. I hear you, but, and my earlier posts aside, this sounds eerily like the [he who shall not be named] excuse mongering, only in a pitiful mid-major conference context.

You can't teach height.

Yet somehow they improved over 100 places in kenpom, and won their conference regular season and tourney and went to the big dance.

Something just isn't adding up here.

1. Close games
2. Luck

So, the Manning thing comes out and now we're getting an influx of new posters trying to sway public opinion that it's not such a disappointment. Sounds like this Manning stuff has legs.

Yeah I have two thoughts about Manning:

1. Virginia Tech just hired a better coach.

2. Ben Howland desperately wants to return to coaching and he is still on the table.

Honestly, it felt like that writing it.

Maybe we'll still hire Shaka. Maybe we're all just going crazy for nothing.

Maybe something about about the fake definition of insanity.

So, the Manning thing comes out and now we're getting an influx of new posters trying to sway public opinion that it's not such a disappointment. Sounds like this Manning stuff has legs.

To be fair, it's just one poster posting a lot, plus a couple old dudes with LOWF bullshit.

"I hope it is one of these two guys (Bol or Webb)"

Can't it be only one? The other is dead....

You realize we've had teams before the 90's that were good? Hell, we even made the first NCAAT in 1939.

Oh I know. We were good, especially in Tacy yrs, but we've had two of the best players ever in their position in the last 20 yrs... yet we've had more postseason success in football via a trip to the BCS.

Qdoba? Gross. Bad culture. Do not want. Manning looks like a Chipotle man to me. Sign him up.

Back