• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

He is a risk and a tier C choice. But he could potentially be a really good coach.

You stated that you would rather have Levelle Moton (entire playing and coaching career at NCCU) or some dude that just lied about graduating from college.

He is a risk but he could very well be capable of coaching at Wake. Pretty much every aspect of his playing and coaching career has been a success.

I'd stake my reputation as Wake's AD on hiring Moton or a Masiello over Danny Manning, if it ever came to that weak of a slate, any day of the week.

That was me. A more complete list is below, not necessarily based on how I think they'd do here (I'd much rather have Archie than Barnes), but how good of a hire it would be based on perception, resume, etc.

A+: Shaka, Marshall, Wright
A: Howland (suck it, Appetite!)
A-: Buzz Williams, Rick Barnes
B+: Archie
B: Mack, Amaker
B-: White, Masiello
C+: Manning
C: Turner, Mooney

I'm willing to take suggestions from the very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very small number of posters on this thread whose opinions I respect.

What is your reason for having Amaker and Mack on the same level? Just curious

What is your reason for having Amaker and Mack on the same level? Just curious

I strongly considered Amaker for B+, probably should have put him there, that Michigan stint is just so mediocre.

And Masiello's grade was pre-scandal, duh.

Danny Manning in 4 years is going to be regarded like Shaka is now.

How would you all feel if we hired Shaka instead of Bz four years ago?

It's the definition of insanity

4 years ago wellman tried for a poor man's Stevens

Now he wants a poor man's Shaka

You really can't make this shit up

I just pray that this reaction gets back to Welman and he thinks to himself "Lord, I can't do this again".

He is a risk and a tier C choice. But he could potentially be a really good coach.

You stated that you would rather have Levelle Moton (entire playing and coaching career at NCCU) or some dude that just lied about graduating from college.

He is a risk but he could very well be capable of coaching at Wake. Pretty much every aspect of his playing and coaching career has been a success.

Funny, I pretty much agree with this post 100%, yet my conclusion is that a manning hire would be super meh.

Are we sure it's Danny Manning we're considering?

That was me. A more complete list is below, not necessarily based on how I think they'd do here (I'd much rather have Archie than Barnes), but how good of a hire it would be based on perception, resume, etc.

A+: Shaka, Marshall, Wright
A: Howland (suck it, Appetite!)
A-: Buzz Williams, Rick Barnes
B+: Archie
B: Mack, Amaker
B-: White, Masiello (pre-scandal, obvs)
C+: Manning
C: Turner, Mooney

I'm willing to take suggestions from the very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very small number of posters on this thread whose opinions I respect.

Sounds about right. Mooney has a good reputation so he may be a C+ as well. I think there's a pretty big difference between these rankings and I'd grade them personally, though.

I'd stake my reputation as Wake's AD on hiring Moton or a Masiello over Danny Manning, if it ever came to that weak of a slate, any day of the week.

You'd stake your reputation as an AD at Wake hiring someone who lied on his resume? A guy that USF refused to hire on ethical grounds AFTER he had accepted their offer?

Back