• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

I mean two years from now if we win 23-25 games and make the Tourney, we will have plenty of support. We need a coach who wins. Winning the press conference is good and well short term, but wins will bring fans back.

Well, Jaybone was confident that [Redacted] would win 100 games in 5 years, right?

Unless you're admitting that you cheated on your wife, it's really hard for a halfway intelligent public figure to lose a press conference. We've seen Wellman and Buzz fuck up so many times over the past few years that it's easy to lose sight of that.

Just trying to add a little levity to the thread. And, for any of the female posters, providing a community service.

I'm 6'5", and I am sorry to report that penis length does not vary in direct proportion to height. At one time I thought that was common knowledge, but several girls I knew back in the day thought that length would vary in accordance with height. So, the choice was to let them know ahead of time or just find out by being disappointed when the moment arrived. I tended to choose the latter.

I see we're sharing quite a bit of personal information now...

Well, Jaybone was confident that [Redacted] would win 100 games in 5 years, right?

In Jaybone's defense, [Redacted] was never given the chance. Only got 4 years. Next year was shaping up to be a 40+ win season.

So much crazy here. This is Wellman's true legacy -- he has destroyed the rational thinking skills of our hardcore fans. I was right to just check out of Wake basketball two years ago. Coming back, it's like a PTSD convention.

8tuesday3.gif

All right we fired [Redacted] and now we're gonna get an awesome coach! Ouch!

head_bang-2942.gif

Stormfury-the fact that fans took billboards ads to protest the demise of our team indicates we care. Die hard as I am, my viewing attendance has dwindled to minimal....so it is not just women who could be lost as PhDeac suggested. And we have proven in basketball we are not a doormat because we are a small college . Matter of fact most people I meet for the first time, when I mention having gone to Wake their first comment is "Wake has a good basketball team". I have to correct them to recent history unfortunately. Point is we are known as a basketball school.

We will be good again ... just hope it happens in my lifetime

Honestly, LeVelle is no more of a risk than DM. If we're going down this path I'd prefer him. It would be a very risky hire but so would DM. Shit, the last thing we need after 4 years of Bz is a risky hire.

So much crazy here. This is Wellman's true legacy -- he has destroyed the rational thinking skills of our hardcore fans. I was right to just check out of Wake basketball two years ago. Coming back, it's like a PTSD convention.

this

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Embrace The Suck

[Redacted]
Wow, that's a real thing.

Back