• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

We have to break away from our old assistants. This has to be a clean break! If not we are looking at buzzdick 2.0

Bullshit. The staff was handcuffed in recruiting by the head coach- SEE Haas

It's funny to me that we potentially didn't reach out to Howland or Marshall because of their reputations as assholes. Who fucking cares. They win games. They aren't hired to kiss Ron's ass or sing in the church choir. I guarantee people would learn to love Howland's attitude the moment he tells K to fuck off at center court. The whole point of this hire should have been to rattle cages in the AD. Manning might be a good dude, but I just get the sense that RW refuses to look at candidates he feels might stand up to him. I guess there is a chance we put feelers out to both guys, but I have tremendous doubt. Sad is so many ways.

Is there evidence that Marquette reached out to either of these candidates? They just hired a guy with no head coaching experience at all.

"Wake or Tulsa? Decision looms for Manning"

That is an actual heading on the front page of ESPN.com.

There is no memory of Wake being good at bball. After looking at the Kansas scout board and all the other national media coverage we have gotten, we have officially hit irrelevancy.

Not a ringing one, but a practical one.

I think you can compare anybody or anything to Russell Turner and Buzz and get the same outcome. It's almost as good as the "nobody can predict the future, so give Manning a chance!" argument.

It's funny to me that we potentially didn't reach out to Howland or Marshall because of their reputations as assholes. Who fucking cares. They win games. They aren't hired to kiss Ron's ass or sing in the church choir. I guarantee people would learn to love Howland's attitude the moment he tells K to fuck off at center court. The whole point of this hire should have been to rattle cages in the AD. Manning might be a good dude, but I just get the sense that RW refuses to look at candidates he feels might stand up to him. I guess there is a chance we put feelers out to both guys, but I have tremendous doubt. Sad is so many ways.

Yes. Add to fact that Howland has stated privately this is where he wants/wanted to be. The blue hair big donors are so out of touch it's crazy.

There is no memory of Wake being good at bball. After looking at the Kansas scout board and all the other national media coverage we have gotten, we have officially hit irrelevancy.

We're just dragging the bottom now.

pVcEKrQ.gif

"Wake or Tulsa?" has the potential to be an even bigger board meme that "Shaka still hasn't officially declined our offer."

I think you can compare anybody or anything to Russell Turner and Buzz and get the same outcome. It's almost as good as the "nobody can predict the future, so give Manning a chance!" argument.

So who should we hire then, instead of Manning? Given what we know, or think we know, about coaches who have passed, and given that Ron Wellman is the man in charge of this process.

Inching closer to rock bottom...

Rock_bottom.jpg

if manning got giles, i would jump quickly from scared to boner

Yeah - me, too. I just need something to go along with this hiring to make it work for me. I want a veteran bench coach and a KU asst. + a solution to the class of 2012 bottleneck/Brandon Ingram in 2015.

Bullshit. The staff was handcuffed in recruiting by the head coach- SEE Haas

Why would we want anything that was connected to the bzzaster? You don't think that would run off recruits? I sure as hell wouldn't play for anyone that was connected to bzzzz.

To be fair, they finished a good 40 KenPom spots ahead of us last year, and if he gets enough momentum going, he might want something bigger.

I feel like this is the case for a lot of the mid-major types.

A failing of Wellman to be sure, if he can't make the sales though.

Back