• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

I have to go pick up my son. Will make some phone calls to see if I can get more info.

I know there are plenty of parts of this search that make no sense, but why would Manning fly all the way out to Wake, just to say no on the spot?
Well, I'd like to think he's a member here and did just as a big FUCK YOU to RW.

Stanford Robinson
Kam Williams
Devon Reed
Jon Severe
Another guy
Some other guy
Probably another guy in there too
Miles Overton

Don't forget the guy that delivered my Jimmy John's today. From what I hear he has 0 road losses.

Rock Chalk Blog ‏@RockChalkBlog 1m
I think Danny Manning stays at Tulsa. Seems like Tulsa wants to keep him and money looks to be close. Wake is a great opportunity, though.

0.jpg

I know there are plenty of parts of this search that make no sense, but why would Manning fly all the way out to Wake, just to say no on the spot?

So he can fly back to Tulsa having turned down an ACC offer and be a god to them for a few years.

Rock Chalk Blog ‏@RockChalkBlog 1m
I think Danny Manning stays at Tulsa. Seems like Tulsa wants to keep him and money looks to be close. Wake is a great opportunity, though.

Wake is going to be able to offer 500k to 1 million more than Tulsa. How is that "close" on the money?

Also he has had the Wake offer.

5) Independently wealthy. Does not need this shit or the shit he is getting here

That doesn't really explain why his camp has been leaking info to force hands all around or why he's been trying to get his salary upped at Tulsa as a result of those leaks.

My guess is that Shaka is at Wake interviewing Manning for his top assistant job. Probably the most likely scenario.

Manning had a nice career, but not enough that he's going to turn down money. We don't know what he's done with his money. We do know he probably didn't get paid much all those years at the end of Self's bench.

David Glenn Show ‏@DavidGlennShow 4h
DG: Wake Forest-Danny Manning NOT yet a "done deal," but today's trip to Winston-Salem makes him the ONLY candidate for next 24 hours or so.

Not to put the stamp of TRUTH on Skins' report, but recall that (i) Manning was reportedly in discussions with Tulsa about loosening some of their academic restrictions, and that (ii) WestEnd Deac posted this morning that the academic issue was real and that Manning and Wake were still going back and forth on this.

Back