• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

The summary:

It appears that he has been in Winston this morning and was reported to have been seen in the IMG studios. Likely to meet with Ben Sutton. Manning is likely about to fly back to Tulsa on the same aircraft that brought him here yesterday. There is no announcment or presser scheduled, but Wellman is supposedly already in Dallas for the coaches conference. Some speculate that no anouncment until next week after the final four is over.

THANK YOU!!!

I feel like they are going to find MH370, tragically lost in the vast ocean, before we find out for sure who our next coach will be. Pathetic. "Hey Wellman, our batteries are about to die." #CoachSearchBurnout

Is it just me or has anyone else heard that it is actually our side that is holding this up because the Board is not sold yet

Good. I hope cooler heads prevail and we get in touch, or back in touch, with Coach Howland. Manning is flat out an unacceptable hire. This is madness. If a guy with two years head coaching experience, who was under .500 just two months ago, is the best we can do, this is a garbage job.

If Wellman is going to make a risky hire, then hire a guy who actually wants to be here not some greedy flip flopper.

No Beibs, the closest to a Ferrari RW ever got was a matchbox toy. Somehow, I don't see him rocking tats.

Justin Bieber is a wild party animal. He drives fast cars, does drugs and fucks a lot of women. Somehow I don't see Wellman as that.

Wellman is more like Don Knotts.

So we have the Barney Fife of ADs?.....sounds about right to me....:thumbsup:

BSF if you had to choose, would you go MIKE WHITE or Danny Manning? #WhitePower or #ManUp?

No Beibs, the closest to a Ferrari RW ever got was a matchbox toy. Somehow, I don't see him rocking tats.

The fact that Biebs is a useless, arrogant fucktard cannot be ignored. Tats & ferraris are not relevant to the discussion - all genes don't transfer

Well, we are desperate. What other choice do we have if Manning turns us down?

Battle named interim head coach and signs one year contract, Wellman is fired immediately, a search firm is brought in that doesn't have LOWF syndrome and we hire a legit coach in 2015. Would much rather take this route than inking a guy who may not be comfortable with us and us him.

What a gigantic shit show this is becoming, indeed.

We wouldn't announce anything until he tells his current players.

EDIT: #DenCity. & Need #SCOOPS

The dude announced to the world that he was a candidate before he had even been to visit...I somehow doubt that he's super concerned about going back to tell his players in person.

It just doesn't make a ton of sense to fly him out here and then let tulsa have the last shot to convince him. it reeks of desperation.

that's because wellman is desperate

I guess if the plane is coming back within 45 minutes or so of landing at TUL, we'll know he turned us down? The flight history suggests that the plane doesn't get used much, so they could easily leave it in Tulsa for a few days/(weeks?) if they had to.

Wellman could announce in Dallas though so Manning could get all the Buzz Williams like on set free recruiting converage. Fuck the local media (from Ron's perspective)

I guess if the plane is coming back within 45 minutes or so of landing at TUL, we'll know he turned us down? The flight history suggests that the plane doesn't get used much, so they could easily leave it in Tulsa for a few days/(weeks?) if they had to.

Was thinking the same thing. If he is just telling his players, would the plane wait and bring him back to Winston tomorrow morning?

The summary:

It appears that he has been in Winston this morning and was reported to have been seen in the IMG studios. Likely to meet with Ben Sutton. Manning is likely about to fly back to Tulsa on the same aircraft that brought him here yesterday. There is no announcment or presser scheduled, but Wellman is supposedly already in Dallas for the coaches conference. Some speculate that no announcement until next week after the final four is over.

So now we have to sweat through another weekend? A lot of things can happen by next Tuesday.....and they wouldn't be good!

Back