• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

I hope we keep a list of those who are slamming Manning if he signs Harry Giles.

I think Manning will be okay, maybe great. His biggest problem is he's not the coach we thought we deserved and were promised.

We aren't a bottom tier program and he's not a bottom tier coach.
In the ACC right now, Manning is in the bottom tier of coaches. Not sure how you can argue otherwise. There are a lot of damn good coaches in this league now.

Unfortunately, that's where you're wrong. Apparently, we are a bottom-tier program.

We had an aberrational period and it's over.

Other than Shaka and Marshall and possibly Archie, he was the best choice.

READ what I said. I didn't say he was the BEST choice. I said OTHER THAN.

I'd be willing to turn the reigns over to PhDeac at this point, let him coach for a year, pay him around 400k, and try again next year.

I'm looking forward to meeting with my chair, the dean, and associate deans about the vision for the department. And Wake Forest has shown a great deal of interest.

I think they fail to recognize the role of sports in feelings towards one's alma mater. Well, I'm sure they know the correlation exists, but they're not acting like it.

They clearly underestimate it. Or they just don't care. Either way it's gross negligence.

Just like Isaac Haas removing WFU has his twitter background, Danny Manning's wiki has removed WFU 2014- for coaching jobs.....

We aren't a bottom tier program and he's not a bottom tier coach.

Unfortunately, that's where you're wrong. Apparently, we are a bottom-tier program.

We had an aberrational period and it's over.

Other than Shaka and Marshall and possibly Archie, he was the best choice.

READ what I said. I didn't say he was the BEST choice. I said OTHER THAN.

Not sure its bym who should be told to read what others and themselves say. Shaka, Marshall and Archie were never discussed.

I think they fail to recognize the role of sports in feelings towards one's alma mater. Well, I'm sure they know the correlation exists, but they're not acting like it.

They absolutely do. The student callers that hit us proles up for the small time money have been given a canned response because of how many potential donors make reference to the [redacted] disaster.

The fact the Tulsa deal included raises for assistants tells you something about his character.

It might tell you that he wanted more money so he could fire his current assistants and afford to hire better ones.

He played 15 years in the NBA. I imagine money is not as big a deal to him as other coaches.

Yeah, because rich people never want more money. And it's not like he has publicly played Wake and Tulsa against each other in the press to drive up the price or anything. Oh, wait. Damn.

Doesn't sound like a player's meeting has been called.
Cayden McFarland ‏@caydenmc 25m

Also, two @TulsaHurricane players say they know of no meeting with Manning tonight.

Back