• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Jeff Teague Podcast Thread: Interview with Ish Smith

we suffered through the [Redacted] culture wars for this, but it was pretty good

What a trip down memory lane that was.

That team had soo much talent

Great podcast, Ish and Jeff are a trip to listen to. You can tell they know we had something back then and how it was just lost completely. The decade of irrelevance lost us as fans, but really lost that generation of players as supporters. They weren't really repping WF with those lame ass coaches and teams. Maybe it will change now but it always helps to have some NBA stars really rep WF.

ah, the good ole days

i do think that team would have been different if skip had been able to coach them

i have absolute confidence this is true.

i think we pretty much always knew dino was in over his head, but from the stories (dramatized i’m sure), it sounds like we didn’t really have a coach. which is the same vibe you got from watching the team. and the indication you got from what happened afterwards. plus its pretty logical considering how dino got the job.

Who were the shooters on that team?

Teague? Clark? Hale?

Had plenty of size.

It's interesting to hear Gaudio/Battle lament the ridiculous talent, but knowing they weren't going to do anything in the tournament. The big tournament. We always bow out weakly in the ACCT.

Man, listening to that pisses me off even more about Wellman making Dino HC, not interim, then extending him, only to fire him for redacted and then mannequin. Fuck that smug asshole!

"Winston Salem State was about 7 mins away... yeah but it's in the hood though" 🤣

Teague does a damn good Kevin Garnett impersonation.

His KAT impression is amazing. “He’s the only dude in the NBA who needs autotune.”

Hilarious Ish and Jeff are 100% convinced they would've beaten Kentucky but they got dogged by Cleveland State lol

Which team underachieved more? The team that lost to Cleveland St, the 2005 team, or the 1995 team? Obviously the 1995 team accomplished more but idk how we didn't make the FF with Duncan and Childress. Easy answer is the 2009 team but it's worth thinking about.

That 09 team was really loaded. Farouq, Teague, JJ, Ish are the NBA guys. Then you have Chas, LD, Hale (meh), Gary Clark. Woods and Walker obv didn't pan out but were highly touted. I mean my lord.

Back