• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Jeff Teague Podcast Thread: Interview with Ish Smith

Yeah. That team had a combination of long-time NBA guys, "good college players," and height. They had no coaching.

Over the last few months, Jeff Teague has blown up as one of the great NBA storytellers in a growing landscape of podcasts featuring current and former NBA players. Today, his Club 520 Podcast included special guest Ish Smith.

I'll make sure to keep a look out for this one.

i love that team and the wvu game was honestly one of the worst nights of my life

but in retrospect... they only had 1 nba player (although a HOF player)
1 NBA player and a lot of good college players. Plenty of teams make a Final Four with less talent than that 2005 team had.

Ish said that when he came back from injury he said, "I'm not going to be a Taron Downey." Oh man.

i agree that teams with less talent have made the final four. but i don't think there are many teams with 4 nba players that got bounced in a blowout in round 1.

Yeah 2005 was really bad luck. 2009 was really bad coaching.

Despite all possible evidence, people still gonna be like, why did we fire Dino?

Going with Harv as the dude Teague put up against a wall.

Shame to hear about the talent that Ty Walker pissed away.

If you haven't heard the Harv episode of the short-lived LD-Bobby Hoekstra podcast, it's exceptional.
Really wish they didn't stop that podcast. It was great and could've been special. Love hearing from guys who were actually on the team

this is true

campus was noticeably quiet/depressed for like a full 2 weeks after that game
if I remember right we had festival on the quad the night of the Cleveland State game and it was projected on a giant inflatable screen, was supposed to be an exciting party of legal drinking on the quad and watching us blow out a cupcake…

Outstanding. A great reminder to message board geniuses that college athletes are young people with complex motivations, desires, and backgrounds and not just faces and jersey numbers on a screen. Love Ish, what a dude.
Haven't listened but agree with this.

Back