• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Kyle Filipowski assaulted a wake fan thread.

Can we focus on the fact that this guy is not injured? If anyone thought he had an actual serious injury, the narrative here would be different. Duke notoriously fakes injuries to take away from losses. See: K writhing in pain from his back during the 95 season. See: Flip earlier in the game pretending he was the victim of some incident that made him bleed profusely while none of us saw actual blood. I could care less how our fanbase is viewed. I only hope someday people hate us at much as they hate Duke, but that honor will remain with Duke because anyone paying attention knows that crying wolf over things like motorcycle fumes is their MO.
That DBR article goes out of its way to claim injury was definitive without any proof. The language they use is hilarious... stuff like "definitely injured" and "certain injury"

Can we focus on the fact that this guy is not injured? If anyone thought he had an actual serious injury, the narrative here would be different. Duke notoriously fakes injuries to take away from losses. See: K writhing in pain from his back during the 95 season. See: Flip earlier in the game pretending he was the victim of some incident that made him bleed profusely while none of us saw actual blood. I could care less how our fanbase is viewed. I only hope someday people hate us at much as they hate Duke, but that honor will remain with Duke because anyone paying attention knows that crying wolf over things like motorcycle fumes is their MO.
paul-pierce-injury.gif

How could he not be? A guy known for his toughness in that much agony, he has to be debilitatingly injured. If he’s not, then that would make me question his toughness.

I think we all ought care how Wake is viewed in this realignment era. It appears we are really going to need both Duke and NC States help to avoid plummeting even further down the ladder.

And as you can see, the posts on this thread are already making their way around the discourse.
You’re a weird guy

Be patient folks cuz next week the headline gonna be, "Filipkowski feigns injury to escape culpability for trying to jack up a Wake student"

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Has there been one single national pundit mentioned him shoving a Wake student? Or if they did mention it saying it was totally justified or some shit?

Has there been one single national pundit mentioned him shoving a Wake student? Or if they did mention it saying it was totally justified or some shit?
Or Scheyer shoving a student

Be patient folks cuz next week the headline gonna be, "Filipkowski feigns injury to escape culpability for trying to jack up a Wake student"

Not a chance. It will quietly morph into what could have happened.

If that Econ major had been 5’8” 160, he could have killed him.

Somebody gonna find this student and get his side of it. Also they said sprained ankle. Shows up at presser with ice on his knee(common postgame practice for ball players). Not limping. It's all a charade.

I'm sympathetic to an extent with players who are afraid of court storming. Injuries are rare, but there are worse fan bases than us. If MD ever wins a noteworthy game again I would expect that a player might get assaulted. And the "Proctor was farther away" argument is a bit problematic because you have to let players be in position to play as long as there is time on the clock.

The thing is, there are better options than walking perpendicular to the crowd. He knows damn well where the students are coming from, he couls have stepped back to the opposite sideline, or just stood there. The picture that keeps coming to me is a randown shot of Austin Croshere during the Pacers-Pistons brawl. That guy had legitimate reason to fear for his safety, so he stayed put and waited in hopes that the crowd would die down.

If flip was seriously injured he wouldn’t be in the locker room doing interviews, he’d be en route to Baptist hospital for imaging

Back