• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Kyle Filipowski assaulted a wake fan thread.

that guy holding the kid was on the baseline ready to storm the court when the ref handed the ball to the duke player for the baseline inbound. the duke guy then ran the baseline and the dad had to really step out out of the way to avoid the duke guy...THey were probably 2 feet away from each other and this is before he even threw the pass ....not sure how that guy got so close to the game at that point.

Reactions: GaK
Same photo was used by ESPN "URGENT new calls to end court storming" ..."Safety Concerns" Love the Picture:
1. No such thing as bad publicity
2. Court Storming is so dangerous if should only be performed while holding your 2 year old.
3. Kids 5 and UP? you're on your own!
I was watching the end of the game and aftermath with my two young grandboys, after they finished playing their respective winning b-ball games. Of course, I covered their eyes from the screen, lest they be scarred for life. Not.

His feelings are still shattered and his ego is bruised. Hopefully he can overcome.
“And with ‘Flip,’ he’s just not 100 percent after what happened. He’s not himself,” Duke head coach Jon Scheyer said on “Fast Break with Jon Scheyer” on Monday night.

“Hopefully, he takes another step (Tuesday) and he can be ready for Wednesday. But both of those guys (Filipowski and freshman guard Caleb Foster) are not where they were going into that game.”

This is an admission that Flopkowski DID NOT even miss practice on Monday.... This is ALL such a CON.

Also he keeps grouping those 2 "injuries" together. Like We Hurt Caleb. Scheyer admitted in the postgame he had no idea how Caleb got hurt.

Definitely setting the stage for Scheyer sitting him Wednesday because they are playing Louisville at home. For the sole reason to continue this dialogue. As DF07 has said all year, Charmin soft.

Well we ought to have some pretty great posters of Scheyerface and Flip crying the next time they come to the Joel. They're writing the material for us.

With the new teams etc, the ACC will keep him out of the Joel for 2-3 years probably. He'll get what he wants. He doesn't like it here, and I wouldn't either if I kept losing.

Can we start up a GoFundMe to help pay for Kyle's therapy sessions?

The 90's Nike jerseys are still the best one's we've ever had. For the life of me, I can't figure out why they stopped selling them in stores around 98 to 99'. The home white and gold Duncan Nike jerseys would've sold like hot cakes in the early 2000's.
Because most people buy them with red and blue instead of black and gold.

I just don't think Forbes would recruit or allow any guy to act so soft.

Yeah so I am going to go with: Flopkowski "injured" himself while attempting to trip a Wake Forest student.

What is it with Duke and tripping others? A skill learned from an early age?

I think Wake won in this entire situation, not just on the scoreboard. It exposed Kyle for the dramatic nerd that he is, It gave Wake a ton of publicity, and we are becoming more and more relevant by the day. It also highlighted how the rest of the country loathes Duke, which is always a fun reminder.
I don't completely agree. The rest of the world (media) immediately ran with the Duke narrative of the dangerous Wake Forest fans storming the court, causing a serious injury to a Duke player. There are certain accounts commenting with a more critical eye, but that is not the prevalent position on the national media.

Back