• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Kyle Filipowski assaulted a wake fan thread.

My prediction remains Duke won’t play in Winston for a decade. Maybe get a non conference home and home in the mid 2030s. This isn’t just a one incident thing from Duke’s perspective. K skipped his last visit for a reason.
?

The reason the national media is still talking about this is there's no college football r NFL to talk about. NBA hockey don't move the needle.

Duke folks say our stadium is full of folks who rarely go to basketball games so they don’t know how to act.

No, they don't

They just see little upside to playing the game and have been saying it’s unsafe long before this.

You're just making stuff up at this point.

I don’t agree with them but that’s what they have said and still say.

You do agree with "them", because they are a projection based on your own imagination.

I bet the conference lets them out of it next year or two

Be more specific. I, and lots of other people, would gladly take this action.

DonaldRoss went to Duke, so he knows better than any of us rubes that there is one, and only one, way to build a winning program: a small, on campus arena. It's why App State is a powerhouse!

Additionally, his access to the Duke crowd has made him one of the enlightened few with insight into what the Duke fanbase thinks. Fortunately, I also grew up around Duke boosters and alumni. I even have Duke alumni in my family and my parents were married at Duke Chapel. And I have never, not even once, given a fuck about what they think about Wake basketball unless it's how bad that L stings that they caught on Saturday.
Imagine forming your entire identity around being impressed with a basketball stadium you encountered while in college. I'd expect DR to be waving "On Campus Arena" flags from overpass bridges on the highway and talking about being in the "silent majority" who know the secrets of winning basketball programs.

I've watched probably 10 games in Cameron. A couple against other ranked opponents not named Wake, but the majority being when Wake was there.

Our 14,000+ fans on Saturday set the best college basketball atmosphere I've seen in person.

I was also at the Wake/UNC game in the Dean Done Paul's freshman year. Our atmosphere Saturday surpassed that as well.

Just anecdotes

I've watched probably 10 games in Cameron. A couple against other ranked opponents not named Wake, but the majority being when Wake was there.

Our 14,000+ fans on Saturday set the best college basketball atmosphere I've seen in person.

I was also at the Wake/UNC game in the Dean Done Paul's freshman year. Our atmosphere Saturday surpassed that as well.

Just anecdotes
I went to the game at Cameron and the Joel this year. Joel atmosphere was 10x better than Cameron’s.

Hell, if I'm Duke I wouldn't want to play at the Joel again either. But they're on our conference, so they kind of have to, DR.

Does he have access to the Duke crowd? Doubt anyone at Duke even associates with that clown.
We did see him at Cameron, though he was walking around the concourse aimlessly by himself. Lot more gray than expected with all the ginger jokes on here. For someone with no wife or kids dragging him down, I'd expect more of a youthful glow.

Duke folks say our stadium is full of folks who rarely go to basketball games so they don’t know how to act. And they have lost a lot the last couple decades. They just see little upside to playing the game and have been saying it’s unsafe long before this.

I don’t agree with them but that’s what they have said and still say. I bet the conference lets them out of it next year or two and I’m betting after that we won’t be in the same conference. After that, they’ll have little incentive to play at our place. Just my prediction.
Is this our version of the Yogi-ism "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded"?

Back