• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official LOB CITY CLIPPERS Thread

CP3 to Germany for a year to reunite with J Gray and stick it to Stern. Then comes back as a free agent and creates a super-team to win championships.

Hey, the rest of this is pretty crazy, too....

If the deal fell apart because the Hornets didn't get Bledsoe, that is ridiculous.

They were offered Gordon, Kaman, Aminu, and a pick and killed the deal because they couldn't get Eric Bledsoe too? Ugh.

O_O wow i would've driven Bledsoe to NO personally if i were a Clipper. dude is garbage.

Wojo is now saying the lack of Gordon is what killed it:

The Clippers and Hornets had been discussing a package that included players such as Eric Gordon, Eric Bledsoe, Chris Kaman, Al-Farouq Aminu and a 2012 unprotected draft pick via the Minnesota Timberwolves.

The Clippers resisted parting with Gordon, sources said. Management had been promising the talented young shooting guard that it would not include him in any deal to the Hornets for Paul, sources said.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...YF?slug=aw-hornets_clippers_paul_trade_121211

cp3 should parlay this into huge endorsement deals so he can take a vet minimum one year deal next year. i was not excited about him going to the knicks but at this point i would love it just to see him give an f u to stern.

This is ridiculous. Paul just needs to mail it in for 5 months and then go wherever he wants. The NBA is going to end up with zero cents on the dollar for Paul by turning down $0.80

Agree. Make an announcement that you are going to stay put, and hold out if any team that trades for you. Then walk away next year and go to some team that was smart enough to dump salary, use amnesty, and throw the season for a high draft pick as well. Ziinnnng.

Not including Gordon makes sense if the trade fell through for that reason.

Sure, but there's not a lot of sense in trading away your core of young players for a guy who might bolt in June. Not sure why Stern doesn't understand why he's not going to get a whole nucleus for a guy only under contract for one year.

Of course, he may be nixing these deals so that Paul will actually become an unrestricted free agent and go to the Knicks.

the knicks really can't afford him as a FA - they used their amnesty on billups and are paying 14-18 mil each for Melo/Amare/Chandler. the cap is around 58 this year, and something like 46 goes to just the 3 of them this year, and it will probably be slightly more next yr.

They were offered Gordon, Kaman, Aminu, and a pick and killed the deal because they couldn't get Eric Bledsoe too? Ugh.

Gordon, Kaman, Aminu and a high draft pick alone is too much to pay for Chris Paul. Way too much considering there is no long term contract. An I would never consider throwing Bledsoe into that deal.
Gordon was 13th in the league in scoring and got nearly 5 assists per game. I think Gordon, Kaman and a top 10 pick is fair compensation for CP3 without a contract.
I'd do Kaman, Bledsoe, Aminu and the draft pick if I was the Clippers but the NBA asking for more than that is ludicrous.

It is being reported here in Fla that Howard wants CP3 and would be willing to stay in Orlando if they got him. No word from the idiot of GM

Sure, but there's not a lot of sense in trading away your core of young players for a guy who might bolt in June. Not sure why Stern doesn't understand why he's not going to get a whole nucleus for a guy only under contract for one year.

Of course, he may be nixing these deals so that Paul will actually become an unrestricted free agent and go to the Knicks.

Except that the Knicks wont be able to afford him, unless Paul signs for nothing

But I agree with you in principle

Love the WWF tag. I think from now on when David Stern attends a game, he should come out to center court to "No Chance in Hell" and cut a promo how he's going to block any trade the franchise tries to do if the crowd doesn't stop booing him.

Edit: Even better, he should tell the fans he's going to trade their best players to the Heat. The NBA really needs a good villain and Stern has stepped up to the plate.

Last edited:
It's nuts given the situation the Hornets are facing that they feel they can make all these crazy demands. LOL! Stern has lost it.

While there’s been no official transition of power, general manager Dell Demps has been completely pushed to the side in deal-making decisions for the Hornets, multiple league sources told Y! Sports.
“He’s basically a spectator now,” one official said.

Stern has two of his top executives – Joel Litvin and Stu Jackson – making calls and conducting negotiations with teams interested in Paul. Demps is still making calls, but rival front offices and agents involved in possible deals with New Orleans say he’s no longer authorized to decide on any transaction.

Teams interested in Paul have to send formal “bids” to the league office, sources said.
Agents are finding it increasingly difficult to negotiate even minor deals with the Hornets’ front office. They’re struggling to get clear answers amid the belief that Demps doesn’t have the authority to make even minor signings to augment a depleted, non-NBA-caliber roster beyond the starting five.

“Stern has made them inoperable,” one prominent agent told Yahoo! Sports. “I’ve given up trying to do anything with them until the Paul situation is resolved. It’s very unfair to Dell. … Very unfair what the league is doing to him right now.”
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AhkNLi4kW6sBbwKjsAhgZOs5nYcB?slug=aw-hornets_clippers_paul_trade_121211

Last edited:

Word is the deal included CP3 signing his option for 2012-13 so it would be at least 2 years with CP3/Griffin...plenty of time to convince others to join them (at least that was the hope)

Back