• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official LOB CITY CLIPPERS Thread

The NBA sent Billups agent a letter after those threats saying if he retired he wouldn't see a penny of the $14 million the Knicks owe him.

The Clippers shouldn't give upo both the T'wolves pick and Gordon.

The Knicks owe him that money as 2011-2012 salary. If he doesn't play this season he doesn't have an argument, it doesn't matter that he was amnestied.

It sure sounds like the Clippers are moving ahead without Paul. So which team is next?
Olshey said the decision to acquire Billups was independent of the team rejecting the Hornets’ offer.

“This is not a precursor to another move. This is not laying the groundwork for another opportunity,” he said.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Agsy_X6CQUQXkI1k.aN9pO28vLYF?slug=ap-clippers-paul
The team matched a $42.7 million, four-year offer sheet from the Golden State Warriors for restricted free agent Jordan, something Olshey told him they would do once they used their cap space.

The 23-year-old center appeared in a career-high 80 games last season, averaging 7.1 points, 7.2 rebounds and 1.78 blocks while making 66 starts.

“He did a nice job for us last year. We’re expecting big things from him,” Del Negro said. “DeAndre brings a defensive presence for us, shot-blocking, he runs the court well, he’s very young still, he’s only going to get better.”

Olshey said the team would now turn its attention to discussions on signing Gordon to a contract extension.

The Clippers signed Caron Butler to a $24 million, three-year deal Friday, giving them a boost at small forward.

“This is a better team that’s on the floor now and in the future than what would have been put together had we had to convey the package that they had asked for,” Olshey said about the Hornets’ offer.

Could this be about Stern being determined that Paul does not get what he wants and ends up in LA? Could the man be that petty?

It seems to me that the NBA (owners) value Chris's "Bird Rights" more than they value him as a player. It's as if they are trying to force him into a more reasonable salary deal under the new agreement in a year, rather than let him use his Bird Rights deal for that extra 20-30 million now.

It seems to me that the NBA (owners) value Chris's "Bird Rights" more than they value him as a player. It's as if they are trying to force him into a more reasonable salary deal under the new agreement in a year, rather than let him use his Bird Rights deal for that extra 20-30 million now.

I'm not quite following this.

I'm not quite following this.

Chris wants to leave New Orleans, but the Hornets (Stern & Co.) asking price for him in a trade is so high that no one will take him. He isn't going to resign with NO, and whatever FA deal he signs next year will be for much less $ than what he could get in a trade and sign now.

Stern is basically screwing CP3 because Melo fucked over the Nuggets in the similar situation last year.

Last edited:
CP has to play within the system. I'd love to see this between Paul and Stern (2:00 mark)

Chris wants to leave New Orleans, but the Hornets (Stern & Co.) asking price for him in a trade is so high that no one will take him. He isn't going to resign with NO, and whatever FA deal he signs next year will be for much less $ than what he could get in a trade and sign now.

Yeah, Stern would be doing that to teach him a lesson for leaving a small market. I don't think CP's salary is an issue for legitimate suitors for Paul. Most teams want CP and his Bird rights so they can go over the cap to re-sign him.

Yeah, Stern would be doing that to teach him a lesson for leaving a small market. I don't think CP's salary is an issue for legitimate suitors for Paul. Most teams want CP and his Bird rights so they can go over the cap to re-sign him.

I believed the small market excuse until the NBA killed the Clippers trade. The Clips have said all along that they weren't going to trade Eric Gordon, so it's obviously a deal killer to demand Gordon and the Wolves pick. No team is going to get Chris's Bird Rights without giving up everything and no team is going to fuck themselves over for one player, no matter how good.

I don't think I argued with any of that. Your first post seemed to imply that all the owners, collectively, wanted CP's Bird rights to expire so they could get him cheaper. That was the only part that didn't make sense to me.

I don't think I argued with any of that. Your first post seemed to imply that all the owners, collectively, wanted CP's Bird rights to expire so they could get him cheaper. That was the only part that didn't make sense to me.

I can't think of any other reason why Stern would force CP to stay with the Hornets one more worthless season. He's not going to Charlotte or Toronto next season, the only thing this stone walling changes is the money.

Back