• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official MLB 2011 Thread

Wish someone would do an "Evaluation of the 2011 MLB Trade Deadline," though it is probably best to just wait until after the playoffs.

Off the top of my head...

The good: Hunter Pence, Rafael Furcal and Edwin Jackson, Francisco Rodriguez, and the new Texas relievers
The bad: Uswaldo Jimenez, Michael Bourn, Ryan Ludwick and Derrek Lee, and Erik Bedard

Not so sure Derrek Lee was necessarily a bad trade - he was one of the few bright spots they had over the past month. I mean, he was on the DL for 20 days, but when he played, he played well - and they didnt give up too much.

Fukudome was pretty bad. Ziegler was money for the Dbacks, Jason Marquis was not. I liked Fister to the tigers too.

Wish someone would do an "Evaluation of the 2011 MLB Trade Deadline," though it is probably best to just wait until after the playoffs.

Off the top of my head...

The good: Hunter Pence, Rafael Furcal and Edwin Jackson, Francisco Rodriguez, and the new Texas relievers
The bad: Uswaldo Jimenez, Michael Bourn, Ryan Ludwick and Derrek Lee, and Erik Bedard

Eh, I don't think you can say Bourn was a bad trade, he actually played really well for the Braves, the rest of the team besides Uggla just went in the shitter the rest of the season (pitching as well as players). It would have been even worse without Bourn

Fister to the tigers has been great. He will either be #2 or 3 in the playoffs.

If they want to limit his workload, doesn't pitch count make more sense than IP?

The Nats FO says that IP is more important than pitches because the stress of getting warmed up in an inning and then cooling down is where the stress comes from. I would imagine he will be on a similar limit as Jordan Zimmermann was this year...160 innings. That would probably get him to late Aug early September.

Start him in AAA. Let him pitch 4 innings a night for a 5 starts. That saves at least 10 innings. Or caddy with someone in the bigs if you want those bullets there.

Fuck the fucking Red Sox - they let Theo interview, now they are holding up negotiations because they are bargaining for more in return? Bullshit.

The Cubs shouldn't give in - all the Chicago writers are saying give up whatever we have to get him, not sure he is the end all be all that is worth giving up one or multiple of Jackson, Cashner, McNutt or Vitters.

Well, maybe they can have Vitters.

Posted this on the playoff thread, but probably fits better here. Good news for Time Warner Cable folks who subscribe to the Extra Innings Package:

Noticed recently that for the Time Warner Cable HD channels dedicated to MLB Extra Innings/NHL Center Ice/NBA Package, they went up from 2 channels to like 10. That'll be nice next spring for those of us who rely on the Extra Innings Package.

Fuck the fucking Red Sox - they let Theo interview, now they are holding up negotiations because they are bargaining for more in return? Bullshit.

The Cubs shouldn't give in - all the Chicago writers are saying give up whatever we have to get him, not sure he is the end all be all that is worth giving up one or multiple of Jackson, Cashner, McNutt or Vitters.

Well, maybe they can have Vitters.

I've heard they are holding this up not as much over compensation but who Theo can take with him. Although if the reports are true that they asked for Garza, Red Sox are nuts.

I've heard they are holding this up not as much over compensation but who Theo can take with him. Although if the reports are true that they asked for Garza, Red Sox are nuts.

I read that about Garza - but I believe there is a rule that a major league player cannot be involved in a trade like this, or at least that was the gist I got reading all the reports a month or so ago.

If Baird is really the hold up, come on Theo, get over it - you can find another talent evaluator to tell you that Erik Bedard is actually really good.

Who do people think is going to win the series?

Sticking with the Rangers.

Darren Daulton claims the Cardinals are going to win.

He also believes the world will end in December 2012, so take that for what its worth.

Back