• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official MLB SPRING TRAINING THREAD (Cobb signs with O's)

Status
Not open for further replies.
be honest. how pissed were you when netflix announced they would stop mailing people dvds?

be honest. how pissed were you when netflix announced they would stop mailing people dvds?

There is a difference between downloading a static product (e.g. movie or TV show episode) that will be the same if I download today, tomorrow or the next day and trying to watch a live sporting event. I have yet to be able to watch a basketball game livestreamed without at least one glitch that caused me to miss some part of the live action.

did you know that mlb has made 2.5 billion dollars selling their streaming technology to disney?

i have been watching out of market rays games for 15 years on mlb.tv. i think they know the product slightly better than ogboards poster deaconblue.

Official MLB HOT STOVE THREAD (Arrietta/Lynn/Cobb remain)

MLB.tv hit me up with that stealth auto-renewal this year. Not sure if it's worth $90 to have a Braves subscription this season, but I'm just gonna roll with it. Hopefully Acuna and Albies make it worthwhile.

did you know that mlb has made 2.5 billion dollars selling their streaming technology to disney?

Based on their performance with college basketball games, apparently the technology never got ported over to the ESPN side. If the streaming is MLB maybe. If it is Facebook doing the technology, how much would you trust them to get it right?

Arrieta to Phillies. 3 yr deal. Don’t know money yet

Arrieta to Phillies. 3 yr deal. Don’t know money yet

Surprising. Would not expect the Phillies to part with draft choices for a "win now" guy. They would appear to be still a few years away from legit contending for post season or World Series.

Surprising. Would not expect the Phillies to part with draft choices for a "win now" guy. They would appear to be still a few years away from legit contending for post season or World Series.

believe it's something like pick #79 and $500K international bonus money :jerkoffmotionemoji: Already lost the second rounder with the Santana signing

Last edited:

Seemed like they were always willing to take on a marquee pitcher if the years came down.

MLB.tv hit me up with that stealth auto-renewal this year. Not sure if it's worth $90 to have a Braves subscription this season, but I'm just gonna roll with it. Hopefully Acuna and Albies make it worthwhile.

Yeah they auto renewed me too. I have the full plan whatever that is with all the out of market games. I wanted to be pissed but I enjoy the product so much I just went with it.

The facebook thing is dumb.

The facebook thing is annoying, but the quality of the broadcast they did with the Wake game they had this season was surprisingly pretty good. Less issues with the feed than on watchespn and their announcer team seemed pretty knowledgeable and engaging

I hope this ok to post, but I need fantasy baseball advice:

I give Trout ($45) & Scherzer ($33) (salary cap reasons - same dollar amount but more players...) for Goldschmidt ($35), Posey ($13) Devers ($15), & Hoskins ($15).

I also have Harper ($47) Bryant ($39) and Mad Bum ($38) so about $190 of my $260 is allocated for 5 guys on a 27 team roster. Thanks in advance!

Oh hey Jake Arrieta, that's cool. It's nice to see the team spend the money they have plenty of without committing to a long-term deal.

Seemed like they were always willing to take on a marquee pitcher if the years came down.

True. That has been Phillies position. Will pay $$$$ but not give long term contract for pitchers - 3 year max. Pitch well for three years and they will pay for three more.

Just looking at the contract, its a good setup to protect both parties. Its basically 2/$55 - 3rd year is player option at $20 mil, then 4th and 5th year are club options at $20 - but, if the Phils exercise the 4th and 5th year at any time, it voids the player option and basically becomes a 5/$115. I dont really see them doing that before the end of year 2, even if Jake is a superstar this year, but its a cool setup.

Just looking at the contract, its a good setup to protect both parties. Its basically 2/$55 - 3rd year is player option at $20 mil, then 4th and 5th year are club options at $20 - but, if the Phils exercise the 4th and 5th year at any time, it voids the player option and basically becomes a 5/$115. I dont really see them doing that before the end of year 2, even if Jake is a superstar this year, but its a cool setup.

That is an intriguing contract. If he has a bad year or two, Phils are only stuck with him for at most, three years. If he is good for two, then they can in effect, extend him for three more at reasonable price for top talent pitchers.

Phillies can say they stuck to their "3 year" rule for pitchers. Arrieta's agent can say "its a five year deal." Win win.

Alex Cobb rumored to be close to a deal with the Orioles. Is he the last FA with a qualifying offer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back