• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official MLB SPRING TRAINING THREAD (Cobb signs with O's)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I didn't realize Archer had 4 more years of team control. KK is locked up forever too. Jeez how come all the Rays guys sign for nothing.

Anybody interested in playing in the Pit fantasy baseball league, shoot numbers a PM. It's a weekly lineup so not a daily commitment. We need a few more people.

43 year-old Ichiro will sign a one year deal with Mariners. Kind of cool.

Diamondbacks bringing back the bullpen cart: http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...acks-use-golf-cart-bring-relief-pitchers-2018

Helllllzzz yeah.

i

Mous back to KC for peanuts. They've had a nice offseason given the departing players.

Gotta feel for moose tacos and lomo - turn down $17 mill, settle for a fraction of it. This offseason has been bananas.

All the Cubs psychos think Jake is going to resign at 1 year/$15 million or something stupid like that - I would assume he is just waiting for that injury or the Brewers or Phils to pony up the bucks.

Gotta feel for moose tacos and lomo - turn down $17 mill, settle for a fraction of it. This offseason has been bananas.

All the Cubs psychos think Jake is going to resign at 1 year/$15 million or something stupid like that - I would assume he is just waiting for that injury or the Brewers or Phils to pony up the bucks.

I imagine Moustakas had an unpleasant conversion with Scott Boras.

I don't think Morrison got a QO and if he did and turned it down then he made a bad choice, whereas Moustakas at least had a good reason to gamble.

I don't think Morrison got a QO and if he did and turned it down then he made a bad choice, whereas Moustakas at least had a good reason to gamble.

Correct the Rays did not extend a QO to Morrison. Not sure, but I think that under the CBA a team can only tag a player with QO and receive draft pick compensation once. So, by signing this one year deal for $5.5 million, Moose Tacos is guaranteed to be an unrestricted FA next year. That said, he did cost himself $10 million by not taking the QO. Arrieta may wait until June to sign. If so, the team signing him will not lose any draft picks. More players may be taking QOs in the future.

The rejected QO by Arrieta is hurting him. The Boras team (Washington Nationals) would like to have Jake but the picks they would have to surrender are tough to swallow.

The rejected QO by Arrieta is hurting him. The Boras team (Washington Nationals) would like to have Jake but the picks they would have to surrender are tough to swallow.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Nats are trying to convince Arrieta hold out until after the draft pick deadline.

June. That makes it tough. Plus it would take a pitcher at least another couple of weeks to get ready to pitch at the MLB level; so, he would have to miss about half of the season.

June. That makes it tough. Plus it would take a pitcher at least another couple of weeks to get ready to pitch at the MLB level; so, he would have to miss about half of the season.

So if you are the Nats brain trust, do you want Jake Arrieta for the second half of the season? In some ways it would make sense. Get a great arm and a guy with post season success to go with the two S's. Might produce some clubhouse tension as one of the guys (projected 3, 4, 5 starters) who "gets you there" is sent to bullpen or released or sent to minors.

If Jake is willing/forced to sit until June, he would be an incredible insurance policy for any contender who loses a starter as well.

That is going to upset a bunch of people. It is one thing to lose games to cable TV exclusives or some weird channel. At least there is some hope of finding the game and putting it on the big screen. With this set of games on Facebook exclusively, it means either watching the game on little to tiny screens or not at all or putting together some arcane connections to put it on a big screen. Not a good plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back