• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official OGBoards Golf Thread

I'd say I'm close to 1,000 rounds there and I've gotten backed up on #2 twice.

Honestly, I only remember it happening once.

#15/16, however... those greens should have been nuked a decade ago.
I think it was probably more with how they set the tee times that day than anything. Don't remember the particulars, but they were like 3-4 mins closer together than they should have been.

I'll echo that 2 is never a bottleneck. 6-7-8 can be. 13-14 is sometimes.

Just booked my lil bros Bachelor party in Pinehurst for Masters week.

My best friend works for Barstool and got us Riggs Cottage on #2

Only thing I hate about the cottage is it doesn't mean you are a resort guest and get to play those courses. But it looks pretty sick as a place to stay.

Anyone got their wedges bent flat at all? Got fitted yesterday and they bent the wedges two degrees flat, seems to be fairly common but I hadn't had that before, even when I got fitted for irons.

Just booked my lil bros Bachelor party in Pinehurst for Masters week.

My best friend works for Barstool and got us Riggs Cottage on #2

I know he’s been out to Woodlake a few times since the Grand reopening. I wonder if staying there gets you any tee time there even though it’s private. Might be worth calling Woodlake.

Such a fun track since the renovation. They have a putting green/course there now too, FYI, similar to what they have at Pinehurst (Thistle Dhu), but not as big/much less crowded.

Enjoyed pawleys Island. Caledonia is a fun but challenging track. True Blue is solid- very generous fairways make it easier. Busy courses all weekend. Not my favorite way to play.

Highlight : made two eagles over the weekend and nearly jarred one from the fairway for a third eagle. Haven't made three in the last five years combined. Golf is weird.

Headed up to the PGA Championship at Valhalla in May. I Live in the greater Asheville area.

Anyone have recommendations of good public courses to play on the drive up or the way back? Planning a Friday mid-morning round. Then finish the drive up to Louisville. Watch the PGA on Saturday. And then drive back Sunday and play on the way home. Suggestions? Thanks

Can't help you there, but also asking for recs. Courses in Austin (preferably north/west Austin) for a Monday work excursion in late April. Barton Creek looks like the best option, but doesn't make sense for us to stay there and it appears that you have to.

What has everyone’s experience with ship sticks been? I’m kinda tired of playing rentals when I travel and twin toddlers makes flying with clubs prohibitive.

I would have to say that I took a week off from golf when traveling with my kids.

Otherwise, I haven’t used ShipSticks because if I don’t have a person to scream at in person when my luggage doesn’t arrive, I don’t know what to do.

Back