• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official OGBoards Golf Thread

That's incredible. The 55 is still probably the most amazing part of the article though. I never heard about that until now.

Awesome story.

55, whatever. I shot a 49 on 18 holes in Tiger Woods 2003 for Gamecube.

Love the story. Couldn't help it though, had to look up Lynwood's scorecard from the tips... Only one par 4 over 400 yards. 2 par 4's under 300 yards. Gotta be like pitch-and-putt to a legit player with decent length... Don't get me wrong, 55 is still amazing, but it's more like a 62 on a real course probably.

518 (par 5)
472 (par 5)
508 (Par 5)

6000 yards total

Yea a 6000 yard course to a legit player with length is a joke. My home course is ~6500 yards and is a joke to me and I only hit it about 265 off the tee.

Kinda reminds me of a guy from Walnut Cove who use to play quite a bit at a crappy course called Hemlock. He qualified and played in the US Open at #2 so was obviously a great player. He held the record at Hemlock with like a 56 or 57 just because it's such a joke of a course. He obviously played well to shot that, but it's not like he shot it at a legitimate course.

Last edited:
Hemlock is not a terrible course tau. It was our home course when I played golf for SS and one of my good friends owns it. It is much better than Winston Lake and Pine Knolls and equal with Reynolds Park.

It was always in pretty bad shape when we would play it james, certainly wouldn't go out of my way to play it. I've never played any of the 3 courses you listed but growing up in Pilot we would always play Pilot Knob Park, Cross Creek CC, or go up to the mountains to play Old Beau or the courses around there.

Yea I just edited my post above but he was actually a 1st alternate and went to Columbus because since there were the most spots, he had the best chance of getting a shot to play (which worked out well for him). Looks like I have to take back my comment about him not always being the smartest guy in the world haha.

Is your buddy Tommy Gibson I'm assuming?

It was always in pretty bad shape when we would play it james, certainly wouldn't go out of my way to play it. I've never played any of the 3 courses you listed but growing up in Pilot we would always play Pilot Knob Park, Cross Creek CC, or go up to the mountains to play Old Beau or the courses around there.
I believe Pilot Knob was I think Chestnut Groves Home Course in junior high. If it is the one I am thinking about I hated it.

Hemlock has it's ups and downs in how well it looks. It is basically only the owner Keith Robertson and his son Joe that do all the upkeep themselves.

Is your buddy Tommy Gibson I'm assuming?

Yea we've talked a little about him earlier this thread.the deal he played in a few of the mini-tours for a while and one a few but thats a rough life if you arent moving up quickly. He actually works at Quail Hallow now so i guess hes doing well. Havent seen him in a few years.

James, as for Hemlock, the way you feel about Pilot Knob is exactly how i feel about Hemlock haha. The Derrick Brown guy who shot the 57 i mentioned earlier is now the head pro at Pilot.

The only reason why I hated it is because I had a terrible round there during a match and our team lost. It was the only match we lost that season.

I've started bidding too much on golf stuff on ebay. So far I've only bought a replacement 6 iron for one of my sets, but I've gotten dangerously close to pulling the trigger on a few Scotty Camerons. At least I've driven the price up for some of these other jackholes.

I've started bidding too much on golf stuff on ebay. So far I've only bought a replacement 6 iron for one of my sets, but I've gotten dangerously close to pulling the trigger on a few Scotty Camerons. At least I've driven the price up for some of these other jackholes.

I went on a golf ball binge on ebay a couple months ago. Purchased about 120.

Back to the Boards Golf Tournament idea. I originally had thoughts of doing an overnight tailgate for Clemson, but the UNC gametime would be perfect for a Friday night tailgate. Doing so should free up the Clemson game immensely.

Be very careful with Camerons. So many fakes on eBay these days. No headcover? Lower price than normal? Lots of similar putters in the seller's history but not an obvious Cameron collector? Almost certainly a fake. They're even replicating known legit serial numbers on fake heads now.

0517scorecard.jpg

Mini-tour player fires 16-under 55, possibly lowest score in golf history

Be very careful with Camerons. So many fakes on eBay these days. No headcover? Lower price than normal? Lots of similar putters in the seller's history but not an obvious Cameron collector? Almost certainly a fake. They're even replicating known legit serial numbers on fake heads now.

Well I just bought a Futura Phantom 2 almost brand new with headcover and custom Scotty grip, so I think I'm safe. Got it for $100. Think I got a pretty good deal. I used to love messing around with them in the pro shop years ago, and have been looking for a solid mallet anyways. Pretty pleased with myself.

I've been dreaming of golf lately, due partly to this thread and the fact that I can't play right now (injury) so I'm doing so vicariously through you guys. I really wish I could get out and hit some balls.

2:30 tee time for Pinebrook on Sunday. Pinebrook CC, prepare your anus.

Played Sapona down in Lexington today on a Golfnow deal ($25). Fun little track. My only complaint is that a lot of the holes had a hazard at about 250 from the tee which meant a lot hybrids and not many drivers. Played well (76), especially for the first time seeing the course.

Playing Birkdale outside Charlotte tomorrow for the first time. I've been told it's the best course out of all the Carolina Trail public courses around to I'm intrigued. Just hope it isn't a 6 hour round.

Back