• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official OGBoards Golf Thread

Played Heritage Club today. It was nice & the service was off the charts; overall, I would think its a good 3rd or 4th option if you're doing a package deal down here.

Still have Calcedonia tomorrow, True Blue Saturday, and Pawleys on Sunday.

I'm a fan. I thought the Barefoot course was the nicer of the two, but would definitely play Myrtlewood again.

Oh Barefoot is definitely nicer. Just wondered other people's thoughts. I think it's a pretty good track for the lower end prices off-season ($60-70), but wouldn't really want to pay the whole face value for it.

Alright guys...I know it's late but I need some help in a short amount of time. I'm going to Black Mountain tomorrow around 9-10 and want to hit up a course between Winston and there to play so I can get in around 6-7. I went to GolfNow, but there aren't a lot of good options because it's either W-S/Greensboro or Asheville....so I need a reasonably priced course to hit up around 11-12 anywhere between the two cities.

I would like for it to be around $30-$40 so it's still affordable, and I'm certainly willing to walk as well. Glad to read suggestions tonight/in the morning. Thanks in advance (hopefully)!

I'm gonna smack balls this pm for the first time in a year. My left knee is basically held together by string, it's disgusting looking.

Alright guys...I know it's late but I need some help in a short amount of time. I'm going to Black Mountain tomorrow around 9-10 and want to hit up a course between Winston and there to play so I can get in around 6-7. I went to GolfNow, but there aren't a lot of good options because it's either W-S/Greensboro or Asheville....so I need a reasonably priced course to hit up around 11-12 anywhere between the two cities.

I would like for it to be around $30-$40 so it's still affordable, and I'm certainly willing to walk as well. Glad to read suggestions tonight/in the morning. Thanks in advance (hopefully)!

Rock Barn? I have no idea what their rates are though. Just looked, they appear to be around $50. It's a nice course IIRC.

Last edited:
I'm not really sure what happened, but I need to get my pitching wedge fixed. The club head is gradually becoming significantly separated from the shaft. Really starting to not look right. Where in Winston should I go to get this fixed?

Duffie Smith at the armory fixed it for free in like 2 minutes ftw

What should I play around the Winston area tomorrow: reasonably priced, maybe something through Golf Now, and a nice course. I know about the obvious choices, but they're playing the member guest on Old Town and it's going to be packed tomorrow with people who didn't play in the event which ends today. Also looking to play with Cumberland and Pinebrook doesn't have any deals and I don't really wanna pay 40 bucks. I know, I'm cheap. Any suggestions?

I'd call Pinebrook and be like listen I'm a poor college student, I'd love to play your course, I'll pay $xx cash. It works a lot, cash is key, that money will never see the register.

Pinebrook is having a member guest tomorrow. No tee times available. We are doing RP at 3.

Is Reynolds Park full course available or are they still doing the greens stuff? Has the back side come in yet or is it just play the front side twice.

Is Reynolds Park full course available or are they still doing the greens stuff? Has the back side come in yet or is it just play the front side twice.

My buddy set the tee time. I think all greens are open, but a few weeks from tip top.

My buddy set the tee time. I think all greens are open, but a few weeks from tip top.

We're playing the Med School Tournament there this weekend, any updates on the greens?

I'm playing in CT as part of a wedding for the first time in a few months. Haven't even hit a ball in a few months. Going to try and hit the UF range in the next two days.

We're playing the Med School Tournament there this weekend, any updates on the greens?

They are not in great shape. Guy in club house said they need more hot weather for them to come in. As of Sunday, there were still ridges on them from where the sections of sod intersect. You should expect to at least add 6-7 putts per round because of it. If you are putting front to back, you should be fine, but leave it left to right or right to left, and good luck with that read.

Rest of the course was in good shape, the whites were back a lot farther than I ever remember seeing them on Sunday.

They are not in great shape. Guy in club house said they need more hot weather for them to come in. As of Sunday, there were still ridges on them from where the sections of sod intersect. You should expect to at least add 6-7 putts per round because of it. If you are putting front to back, you should be fine, but leave it left to right or right to left, and good luck with that read.

Hmm, I don't know if I like this turn of events. My estimate for the winning score might have to be rethought.

Played my hardest course ever but probably also the nicest. Saw it rated as the 24th best golf course in the world by a golf magazine. Called the European Club and it's right outside Dublin.

If you didnt hit the fairway, you probably weren't finding your ball. If you did hit it in the fairway, you better hope your ball didn't roll into one of the ridiculous fairway bunkers (seen below). It was also very cool to see a hole named in honor of Arnold Palmer.

4e181493-ae3f-f0bc.jpg

4e181493-ae57-61fc.jpg

Hmm, I don't know if I like this turn of events. My estimate for the winning score might have to be rethought.

I'm telling you we are going to take that place apart.

Back