• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official OGBoards Golf Thread

Alright.......

Captains Choice using handicaps needs to die in a fire. Especially when people already buy mulligans....

My group just went off and shot a -22 and come in like we're hot shit. Found out we won the gross by 7 shots....

Then we find out that we got t-3 because the team that won got 23 shots to our 9 and the team that got 2nd got 18 shots........

Fuck everything.....

Yep. That sucks. I wish mulligans, string, tee busters and all that crap would just go away too.

Alright.......

Captains Choice using handicaps needs to die in a fire. Especially when people already buy mulligans....

My group just went off and shot a -22 and come in like we're hot shit. Found out we won the gross by 7 shots....

Then we find out that we got t-3 because the team that won got 23 shots to our 9 and the team that got 2nd got 18 shots........

Fuck everything.....

LOL. I've never played in a Captain's Choice with handicaps and mulligans, but if I do I'll expect the winning net score to be under 36. Ha.

LOL. I've never played in a Captain's Choice with handicaps and mulligans, but if I do I'll expect the winning net score to be under 36. Ha.

One scratch golfer and 3 chops will beat a team of 4 scratch golfers in that format every time.

I'm sure...

On a side note, just made reservations for the Dormie Club, Dinner at the Pine Crest Inn, then rounds on #1 and #5 leading up to our tournament on #2 and #4... Just felt like making an asshole post because our team is psyched as hell for it.

You will like Dormie Club (if you haven't played it). It's a very sandhills style of golf. No rough, just run off areas. It's the site of my famous 37-50. I still enjoyed the place. Just lost my steam and some of the back nine was a little goofy in terms of carry and hole set up.

I'm sure...

On a side note, just made reservations for the Dormie Club, Dinner at the Pine Crest Inn, then rounds on #1 and #5 leading up to our tournament on #2 and #4... Just felt like making an asshole post because our team is psyched as hell for it.

Oh yeah? Well, this happened yesterday!

10610474_10204730018628539_2147305879979644312_n.jpg

In all seriousness, have fun out there at #2!

You will like Dormie Club (if you haven't played it). It's a very sandhills style of golf. No rough, just run off areas. It's the site of my famous 37-50. I still enjoyed the place. Just lost my steam and some of the back nine was a little goofy in terms of carry and hole set up.

Played it a year ago and it was one of the most enjoyable days I've had on a golf course. 72 degrees, perfect conditions, finished and went right back out to play more.

Looking forward to getting another crack at #10. That is a brutal, brutal hole.

Scott Harvey, Greensboro, NC native, just won the USGA Mid-Am 6 and 5 and a likely spot in next year's Masters.

I'm sure...

Sounds miserable. Try to enjoy yourself.

Scott Harvey, Greensboro, NC native, just won the USGA Mid-Am 6 and 5 and a likely spot in next year's Masters.

I've played with him a few times. He's been insanely good for a long time now, and is a very worthy champion. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

So Pinehurst #2 is doing just fine even with the new greens. Weren't sanded at all and were in fantastic shape. They definitely play firm and don't take a ton of spin, but they played very fair. Weren't brutally fast and were holding well-hit shots. Course is back to being green again, fairways immaculate. Amazing how quickly they turned it around.

I'm rocking some Alabama Robert Trent Jones golf trail this weekend. So far good courses and rates. Would recommend as a buddies trip. We are playing The Senator this AM. They had an LPGA event there a few weeks back. Should be fun

Headed to Myrtle on Friday; have Prestwick, Surf Club, Grand Dunes, Pine Lakes, Myrtlewood, TPC, Barefoot/Dye and Glen Dornoch on the schedule. Excited; hope the back holds out. Ha.

Played Myrtlewood and Pine Lakes. Really enjoyed Pine Lakes, played there shortly after they reopened a few years back.

Played it a year ago and it was one of the most enjoyable days I've had on a golf course. 72 degrees, perfect conditions, finished and went right back out to play more.

Looking forward to getting another crack at #10. That is a brutal, brutal hole.

great course - highly recommend walking with a caddie. played 36 holes there on a free replay deal when they first opened up to public play. granted i've never played #2, but it's hard to think of many courses that do it better than Dormie.

Played Oak Valley yesterday and hit the shit out of the ball and shot a GD 82. My putting was an embarrassment to golfers everywhere. Hit 14 greens and made zero birdies and had 5 three putts. Should have easily been in the 70s.

I'm rocking some Alabama Robert Trent Jones golf trail this weekend. So far good courses and rates. Would recommend as a buddies trip. We are playing The Senator this AM. They had an LPGA event there a few weeks back. Should be fun

Love me some RTJ golf trail.....went down 4-5 years in a row back in the '04-08 time frame. Hard to decide whether I liked the Grand National site or the Capitol Hill site the best (that first tee shot on the Judge is like mountain golf, dropping 200+ feet). Grand National will be hosting a new PGA event this summer.

Played Oak Valley yesterday and hit the shit out of the ball and shot a GD 82. My putting was an embarrassment to golfers everywhere. Hit 14 greens and made zero birdies and had 5 three putts. Should have easily been in the 70s.

How does OV look these days? Used to play there a ton when I lived in NC and used to try to get over there once a year since my parents live close. But I haven't been in a couple of years.

Always fond memories of that place as it is the first place I broke 80 in my life. Albeit from the blues, but I wasn't quite as good as I am now in terms of consistency.

Back