• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official OGBoards Golf Thread

The courses are average at best and it will take 5 hours to play. Other than that...killer deal.

Yeah I tried to get around the best we could. Teeing off at 8 all 4 days so there will only be 2 groups in front of us.

Only playing 2 of the actual Legends Courses (Moorland and parkland) and then playing Oyster Bay and Heritage.

Picked up a Callaway Big Bertha Alpha last night and had it fitted. I think I'm going to like it. My old Big Bertha had something rattling around in the head, so It was time.

Hitting up a golf trip with Cumberland and Ramrod in July with some other dudes. 12 player, 3 day Ryder Cup style. Should be awesome.

We should try to get a boards tournament set up at some point. Think that would be a great time.

Is there anyone here who is great at getting the ball on the green on par 3s, but sucks at putting? There's a captain's choice tournament at the par 3 course here in Greensboro. I can putt damn good, but might get the ball on the green in regulation twice every 18 holes. I stand no chance. Roughly $350 cash prize. $35 entry fee. Lunch included.

Hitting up a golf trip with Cumberland and Ramrod in July with some other dudes. 12 player, 3 day Ryder Cup style. Should be awesome.

We should try to get a boards tournament set up at some point. Think that would be a great time.

lets-get-weird-workaholics.gif

Switched to the 915d3 from my ancient 910d3 a week ago after a trackman fitting session. Picked up 10 mph in ball speed and almost 18 yards in carry distance.

Switched to the 915d3 from my ancient 910d3 a week ago after a trackman fitting session. Picked up 10 mph in ball speed and almost 18 yards in carry distance.

That's what I got.... might be time for an upgrade....

I have the Ping G5 (I think that's what iteration it is anyway) with a 9 degree loft.

Really need to get new irons, had the same ones since high school.

I have the Ping G5 (I think that's what iteration it is anyway) with a 9 degree loft.

You need the irons and the driver. Go with the driver first!

Go with the AP2s or AP1s depending on skill level. I absolutely love the 2's and the 714s are sexy as shit.

Go with the AP2s or AP1s depending on skill level. I absolutely love the 2's and the 714s are sexy as shit.

I have the AP2 714's and they are the best iron I've ever owned. Deacsfan27 is definitely good enough to be in the AP2's.

Let's do a WITB (What's In The Bag) for 2015:

Driver: Titleist 915D3 with Diamana Blue X
3W: Taylor Made R9 13 degree (set to 14) with Fubuki X
17/21 degree Titleist 910H with Ahina X shafts
Irons: Titleist AP2's with Dynamic Gold X100's
Wedges: 52, 56, 60 Vokey SM5's with X shafts
Putter: Currently mucking around with Scotty Cameron Monterrey 1.5

My next club to replace is the 3w, and while i clearly love Titleist stuff, I've never hit their fairway woods well. I've always been partial to Taylor Made fairway woods. I hit the SLDR 3W on the range last week and loved it. Might get one with a shorter shaft for control.

I'm about to do a complete overhaul of my bag as well. All 14 clubs. Havent added anything since junior year of high school so it's very much needed. Looking to spend around 1200.00-1500.00. Probably around a 2-3 handicap right now, only getting to play once a week.

Whats currently in the bag:

Original r7 driver
Original r7 3-wood
Titleist 585 Hybrid (whoops, guess I lied, forgot I bought this off my neighbor a few years back)
4-PW Nike NDS irons
Vokey SW
Vokey 60 degree
2-Ball putter

What I have in mind:

Titleist 913 D3 driver (currently demo'ing my best friends, we've settled on 100.00 if I choose to buy)
Need suggestions on 3-wood
Titleist 585-H (only club I'm keeping)
4-AW Nike Vapor Pro Combo irons (messed around with them at Golf Galaxy and fell in love, want to try out on the range before I commit. Looks like I can get a gently used set on eBay for 700.00)
Vokey 60 spinmilled
Scotty Cameron studio design 2.5 (always been my dream putter, unfortunately they run about 200.00 on eBay currently)

Last edited:
I like this game...

Taylormade SLDR Tour Issue 8 degree, Aldila Tour Green 75 TX flex shaft, weight all the way to fade and 1 degree open
Titleist 915F 13.5 degree, Aldila Tour Green 75 TX, D-1 setting
Titleist 712U 2 iron utility, KBS C-Taper S+, +1/2" 2 degrees up
Titleist 4-PW 714 AP2's, KBS C-Taper X, +1/2" 3 degrees up
Titleist Vokey SM5 52.08, KBS C-Taper S+, +1/2" 2 degrees up
Titleist Vokey SM5 TVD 58, K grind, KBS C-Taper S+, +1/2" 2 degrees up
Titleist Vokey SM5 62.08, Dynamic Gold S400, standard length/lie
Odyssey #9 Versa, 35", WBW, SuperStroke Flatso 1.0 grip

My next club to replace is the 3w, and while i clearly love Titleist stuff, I've never hit their fairway woods well. I've always been partial to Taylor Made fairway woods. I hit the SLDR 3W on the range last week and loved it. Might get one with a shorter shaft for control.

LK - you definitely have to hit the 915F fairways. Much better than the SLDR 3W in my opinion. The 913/910's were all pretty mediocre in my opinion - and you could see it on tour with staffers not playing them or taking forever to switch. Plus you probably fit into the same category spin-wise as a lot of tour guys - where the Fd (deep face) version was a better fit spin/trajectory/distance wise, but was tougher to hit especially off the deck. With the 915F they've fixed that issue - a ton of guys who were in the 913Fd 15 degree switched immediately to the 915F 13.5 or 15 as soon as they tried it. The speed channel improvements and head shape are really great. Long as hell, great feel, good forgiveness.

2nd and 3rd for me would go Callaway/Cobra for 3 woods at the moment. Haven't hit the Aeroburner though - heard good things.

I like this game...

Taylormade SLDR Tour Issue 8 degree, Aldila Tour Green 75 TX flex shaft, weight all the way to fade and 1 degree open
Titleist 915F 13.5 degree, Aldila Tour Green 75 TX, D-1 setting
Titleist 712U 2 iron utility, KBS C-Taper S+, +1/2" 2 degrees up
Titleist 4-PW 714 AP2's, KBS C-Taper X, +1/2" 3 degrees up
Titleist Vokey SM5 52.08, KBS C-Taper S+, +1/2" 2 degrees up
Titleist Vokey SM5 TVD 58, K grind, KBS C-Taper S+, +1/2" 2 degrees up
Titleist Vokey SM5 62.08, Dynamic Gold S400, standard length/lie
Odyssey #9 Versa, 35", WBW, SuperStroke Flatso 1.0 grip

Did you do a trackman session for the SLDR? You must have a really high launch angle naturally if you've got an 8 degree and it's set up open (which delofts it). How close did you get to the 13 degree desired launch?

They eventually got me consistently to 12.5 degrees and 2200 rpms. Ball speed clocked in around 174. Definitely had a good day when those numbers came up.

Back