• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official OGBoards Golf Thread

LK - you definitely have to hit the 915F fairways. Much better than the SLDR 3W in my opinion. The 913/910's were all pretty mediocre in my opinion - and you could see it on tour with staffers not playing them or taking forever to switch. Plus you probably fit into the same category spin-wise as a lot of tour guys - where the Fd (deep face) version was a better fit spin/trajectory/distance wise, but was tougher to hit especially off the deck. With the 915F they've fixed that issue - a ton of guys who were in the 913Fd 15 degree switched immediately to the 915F 13.5 or 15 as soon as they tried it. The speed channel improvements and head shape are really great. Long as hell, great feel, good forgiveness.

2nd and 3rd for me would go Callaway/Cobra for 3 woods at the moment. Haven't hit the Aeroburner though - heard good things.

It's definitely on my list to try out. I already blew my equipment wad for the summer on the new driver. I'm hoping to win something soon and bag some shop credit towards a 3w. I'd really prefer another demo day session where I can get the proper shaft fitted into the 3w. No guarantee it's the same shaft as the Driver.

I'm game for another gathering/tournament if we could work it into June/July. Looks like I'm heading out of the 336 in August so that would count me out. It's been almost 3 years since our last tournament so lets have another go.

Did you do a trackman session for the SLDR? You must have a really high launch angle naturally if you've got an 8 degree and it's set up open (which delofts it). How close did you get to the 13 degree desired launch?

They eventually got me consistently to 12.5 degrees and 2200 rpms. Ball speed clocked in around 174. Definitely had a good day when those numbers came up.

I didn't. I'm actually terrible at trackman fittings in the sense that I tend to adapt my swing to fit the club instead of the other way around. So a few swings in and the numbers are nothing like what will happen on the course. I'll look like a pro on the range then go out and after a few iron swings and look like a complete idiot with it.

So I usually go the other way - I'll pick out a setup that fits a player similar to my swing speed, try a quick range session but immediately take it to the course. Those results are really all that matter to me. I don't need more length and I like hitting it pretty high so trajectory isn't a big issue. Easy to just eyeball it. I will say that I'll occasionally hit up a trackman at some point just to see what it thinks, and usually the numbers are pretty solid (spin always a bit high, but that's mostly because my ott move is so vertical - indian not the arrow).

As for my current SLDR, like most of them the actual loft is higher than the stated, so it ends up just over 8 degrees with my setup. The one time I hit it on a trackman was in a slightly different config, spin and launch both a bit higher than optimum, but I murder that thing. I don't murder it straight all that often, but it's pretty stupid long. Far better than the G30 and after that I decided to swear off trying other drivers for a while and just play golf.

Confession: I've been playing golf seriously for 10 years now and have never been to any fitting appointments or events

Only club that got fitted for me is my 910 D3 with the D2 Setting on it. All the way deloftedand all the way hooked.

X Flex, Diamana 'ahina 80. Being on a trackman was awesome. Ball speed was hovering around 175-180

Titleist 3-Wood 906 S Flex (Old but I love it)

No fuckin clue what the shafts are in my Hogan Apex FTX other than they're stiff... 3-PW. About to switch these out for some Taylormade irons.

Callaway Jaws 52-56-60

Scotty Newport

Only club that got fitted for me is my 910 D3 with the D2 Setting on it. All the way deloftedand all the way hooked.

X Flex, Diamana 'ahina 80. Being on a trackman was awesome. Ball speed was hovering around 175-180

Titleist 3-Wood 906 S Flex (Old but I love it)

No fuckin clue what the shafts are in my Hogan Apex FTX other than they're stiff... 3-PW. About to switch these out for some Taylormade irons.

Callaway Jaws 52-56-60

Scotty Newport

180 ball speed? Jesus...

Impressive. That would be the 5th fastest ball speed measured across every player and across every round on the PGA Tour this year.

Yeah distance is not my problem... It's the whole accuracy thing.... and irons.... and wedges...

I mean how sexy can an iron really be?

vaporprocombodetail.jpg

Bag: (not doing lie or length cause I don't want to)
Driver: 9.0 SLDR-Speeder 757 x flex (by far my favorite shaft of all time)
Hybrid: 2 SLDR TP- x flex
Irons: 3-P 712 AP2s- True Temper x flex
Wedges: 60, 56 - SM4 and SM5 (toy around with a 54,58 depending on the course)
Putter: Bettinardi BB1 (Adore this putter)

What is the best site for buying refurbished ProVs? I always wait too long an end up buying new at the course, which is a total waste because I don't play enough to justify new balls. Any suggestions appreciated.

That's a sweet putter. Buddy of mine won a blacked out one in some crazy tournament.

Just like this: http://303milled.com/products/bb1-black-oxide-tour-proto

It's freaking gorgeous.

Yeah I love it. My older Scotty Newport 1.5 I broke on 18 at a tournament and the head was stolen at a tournament when I was working with another scotty. Bought the BB1 off a guy on the team and don't think that I'll ever get a new putter, absolutely love the feel (I use to change putter about every 4-6 months)

I just picked golf up a year ago so don't laugh, but I'll play...

Driver
Excalibur Convex 270cc 10.5 Driver (I hate this thing)

Woods
Cleveland Launcher 3-wood (I hit this way better than my driver)

Irons and Wedges
4-9 irons, PW, SW, GW Cobra FP with Aldila NV-HL 70 graphite shafts (love these)

Putter
Odyssey White Hot XG Sabertooth (I am unstoppable on the greens with this thing... I just need to get to the greens first)

What is the best site for buying refurbished ProVs? I always wait too long an end up buying new at the course, which is a total waste because I don't play enough to justify new balls. Any suggestions appreciated.
Shout out to LK for giving me this advice.

I'd recommend going to Dick's etc and getting the pro v1 X out.. Much cheaper and same as a brand new ball with a slight cosmetic blemish (sometimes not noticeable). Refurbished balls can be OK or so water logged they suffer serious performance issues..

Back