• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official OGBoards Golf Thread

Was using hurricane golf and getting the Nike 20XI's for 17 bucks a dozen, but looks like they just ended that.

They've got some great deals

Shout out to LK for giving me this advice.

I'd recommend going to Dick's etc and getting the pro v1 X out.. Much cheaper and same as a brand new ball with a slight cosmetic blemish (sometimes not noticeable). Refurbished balls can be OK or so water logged they suffer serious performance issues..

Thanks, exactly the type of advice I was looking for. I have never detected any performance difference with X-Outs.

Was using hurricane golf and getting the Nike 20XI's for 17 bucks a dozen, but looks like they just ended that.

They've got some great deals

I use Hurricane for equipment and have been very happy. Also at the recommendation of a poster here (DCDeac?) I've started using http://www.discountdansgolf.com/. You have to e mail or call them for pricing, but they are generally very well priced. Free shipping and no sales tax too.

Going to bump this based on my new club purchase. For background I'm ~ a 7 handicap.
First, this was my first trackman club fitting. I've been super impressed with the entire process. I spent over two hours at my local shop and it was just great. I had all intentions of getting Titleist AP2. However, ended up with Mizuno JPX 850-forged. Really hit them the best. 1/2" long, X stiff KBS C taper lite shaft, one time soft step. Played them for the first time last night for a few holes and really hit the ball solidly. I've always played standard length club (I'm 6'2") and I think the extra length has really helped. If you have the time and inclination I'd recommend a trackman club fitting. At my local shop they do it for free if you end up buying irons. Turns out they were the same price there as they are at golfsmith etc.

2015-mizuno-jpx-forged-irons-600x400.jpg

Anyone on here have a ClubCorp membership? There's only a couple courses up here in NoVA, but they're pretty convenient for me and regular private club memberships are pretty insanely expensive. Just curious about the cost really.

Going to bump this based on my new club purchase. For background I'm ~ a 7 handicap.
First, this was my first trackman club fitting. I've been super impressed with the entire process. I spent over two hours at my local shop and it was just great. I had all intentions of getting Titleist AP2. However, ended up with Mizuno JPX 850-forged. Really hit them the best. 1/2" long, X stiff KBS C taper lite shaft, one time soft step. Played them for the first time last night for a few holes and really hit the ball solidly. I've always played standard length club (I'm 6'2") and I think the extra length has really helped. If you have the time and inclination I'd recommend a trackman club fitting. At my local shop they do it for free if you end up buying irons. Turns out they were the same price there as they are at golfsmith etc.

2015-mizuno-jpx-forged-irons-600x400.jpg

I have never had a club fitting and always wondered how much better I would hit the ball with fitted clubs.

Anyone on here have a ClubCorp membership? There's only a couple courses up here in NoVA, but they're pretty convenient for me and regular private club memberships are pretty insanely expensive. Just curious about the cost really.

I just joined a ClubCorp property just outside of Raleigh but don't think i'll actually sign up for the ClubCorp portion of the membership. I've got access to plenty of good clubs throughout the state that I would play for way less than what i'd pay for the different rounds at other courses. Don't think that really answers your question but if you want any specific price stuff just let me know and I can try to find it out. Course is decently well priced, well maintained and a fun track, so that's a plus for ClubCorp in my book.

I just joined a ClubCorp property just outside of Raleigh but don't think i'll actually sign up for the ClubCorp portion of the membership. I've got access to plenty of good clubs throughout the state that I would play for way less than what i'd pay for the different rounds at other courses. Don't think that really answers your question but if you want any specific price stuff just let me know and I can try to find it out. Course is decently well priced, well maintained and a fun track, so that's a plus for ClubCorp in my book.

So is it basically that you join a club with whatever their standard pricing is, and then you add on a bit to be a ClubCorp member to get access to the other clubs?

So is it basically that you join a club with whatever their standard pricing is, and then you add on a bit to be a ClubCorp member to get access to the other clubs?

Yea, that's my understanding. I think you get 5 rounds a year at other ClubCorp properties as part of your standard membership, but that's it.

Yea, that's my understanding. I think you get 5 rounds a year at other ClubCorp properties as part of your standard membership, but that's it.
Interesting. I looked at joining one and I thought I got 20 free ones standard with my membership. Was never even offered a chance to pay addition for anything more.

Anyone played Carolina Colours in New Bern? Given the chance would you choose that or Morehead City CC?

Shot E on a nine for the first time in a long time yesterday at Maple Chase. Good feeling.

Getting ready for the Ryder Cup in July with Cumberland and RamRod.

Anyone played Carolina Colours in New Bern? Given the chance would you choose that or Morehead City CC?

It has a nice layout and greens are usually pretty good. Fairways tend to be a little sparse and hard in summer.

Salem Glenn is in immaculate condition compared to every other course I've played in the triad recently

Interesting. I looked at joining one and I thought I got 20 free ones standard with my membership. Was never even offered a chance to pay addition for anything more.

Asked a more established member today and according to him it's like $50 a month to take advantage of the ClubCorp other properties. But if you want to take advantage of it it seems worth it. Can go play a course like Firestone CC (where they play the Bridgestone Invitational) for basically just cart fees. So if you want to travel and play the ClubCorp properties it's a deal but I don't really have the funds to do that at the present time. I joined at The Neuse in Clayton and it's nice as I get reciprocal rates at River Ridge and Lochmere in Cary. Nice perk with friends all over the Triangle and we can usually get to a course that I only have to pay $15-$18 a round. The Neuse is the best course IMO but River Ridge gives you a nice balance as they just put in some new Championship Bermuda greens where Neuse is still Bent grass.

Anyone tried those new Taylormade Irons? RSI1 and RSI2?

I have some Taylormade pro-shop credit and need some new irons.

I tried the Speedblades a couple of months ago, but I compress the ball too much and there ended up being a 25 yard gap between the 8-iron (no speed slot) and the 7-iron (speed slot).

No clue about all the different specs, but wonder if anyone else has had that problem here or has tried the irons

Back