• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official OGBoards Golf Thread

Haven't tried them, but I've never been a fan of TM irons unless you're over 55 or have a comparable swing speed

played this past weekend at pudding ridge as was driving the ball great with my new ping iron.. they have shorten 2 holes up for maintenance that are driveable par 4's... got a few out there in the 280 range

Yeah that's what I hear from people regarding the irons. Might look into a 3 wood, or a fuckton of balls, clothes etc... to get rid of the credit.

My swing fits Titleist drivers too well to do anything with the SLDR so that's out of the question and not real sure about the TM wedges either

Anyone tried those new Taylormade Irons? RSI1 and RSI2?

I have some Taylormade pro-shop credit and need some new irons.

I tried the Speedblades a couple of months ago, but I compress the ball too much and there ended up being a 25 yard gap between the 8-iron (no speed slot) and the 7-iron (speed slot).

No clue about all the different specs, but wonder if anyone else has had that problem here or has tried the irons

Hit the RSI TP. They're really fucking hot, fly off the club face. But to me that didn't warrant changing from what I have. I absolutely love my AP2s. Dad has the RSI1 irons and loves them from what he's told me.

Anyone tried those new Taylormade Irons? RSI1 and RSI2?

I have some Taylormade pro-shop credit and need some new irons.

I tried the Speedblades a couple of months ago, but I compress the ball too much and there ended up being a 25 yard gap between the 8-iron (no speed slot) and the 7-iron (speed slot).

No clue about all the different specs, but wonder if anyone else has had that problem here or has tried the irons

I've got the SpeedBlades and love them. I'm a decent golfer (around a 6 handicap) but from a few of your post don't have near the swing speed you have. Accuracy and distance management have never been an issue for me so the added distance (and forgivness now that I don't play as often) has been great for me. I had the MP-52's before I got the SpeedBlades and have loved the change. No loss of accuracy or work ability for me.

That said, I figured out after the fact that the MP-52's were a little more lofted so I'm actually going to get them bent and see what that does.

I've got the SpeedBlades and love them. I'm a decent golfer (around a 6 handicap) but from a few of your post don't have near the swing speed you have. Accuracy and distance management have never been an issue for me so the added distance (and forgivness now that I don't play as often) has been great for me. I had the MP-52's before I got the SpeedBlades and have loved the change. No loss of accuracy or work ability for me.

That said, I figured out after the fact that the MP-52's were a little more lofted so I'm actually going to get them bent and see what that does.

Yeah I was looking at the specs for the clubs and compared to my current set, the 8 iron from TM is only 1 degree higher than the 7 iron on my Hogans.

I think a lot of irons do that now though as I've been out of the iron market for 10 years. Got some catching up to do.

Will be nice as I'm going to get fitted for these and wasn't the first time around. Hogans were the first iron set I had that weren't hand-me-downs and didn't have women's or senior shafts in them

Played the Davis Love course at Barefoot Resorts today; had a great time and it was fucking dead out there. We never came up on another group, and only saw the group behind us once. Finished a full round in 3:45!

Played out there on the Norman Course last Thursday and had the same experience. Didn't see another group on the course and we finished in 3:15 (2some.) It was perfect.

#humblebrag here...my handicap has dropped 3 shots in the last 6 weeks. New driver plus lessons really got me straightened out and I'm riding a sustained period of really good play for the first time in at least 5 years.

Yeah, way to lower your handicap before the member guest. Well done. Especially when we get sandbagged every year.

#humblebrag here...my handicap has dropped 3 shots in the last 6 weeks. New driver plus lessons really got me straightened out and I'm riding a sustained period of really good play for the first time in at least 5 years.

What is it now, a +2?

We are playing Sea Trail next month at our Ryder Cup event. Haven't played it since the Palmetto in high school.

Has anybody played it recently?

Back