• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official OGBoards Golf Thread

Golf is a stupid game. Hole out for eagle on #4 from 155, next three holes don't put an iron close to the green.

Flew a drive into a dudes windshield today, he was parked in the corner of the parking lot. He was sitting in his car when it happened. I gave him my number to avoid a physical confrontation but I'm not liable here, right? I mean I'll pay his deductible if there is one but I shouldn't go beyond that? The spot he was in is literally 15 yards right of the fairway

lol, it would have been a physical confrontation otherwise?

My boy was pretty pissed. Haha one of those country dudes that loves his truck more than his wife. He asked for my personal info but I didn't give it to him. Just my cell

Same here. My hybrid can get me to about 215, and rarely do I ever need anything more than that. And on the par 5s where the extra distance would help get to the green, I'll take my accuracy with the hybrid of the risk of the 3 wood.

And my wedges I use the 3x3 system with a U, 52, and 56 that covers all my distances from 45 to 115 yards (within 5 yards), and using a 60 degree predominantly inside 45.

just can't make the leap and drop the 3 wood. To valuable off the tee on short/dogleg par 4s and on days when the driver isn't reliable.

Currently going Driver, 3W, 2 & 3 iron hybrids, 4-PW, 54, 60. Some newer wedges have multiple grinds - really like having it on the 54 where it can be more versatile around the green.

Flew a drive into a dudes windshield today, he was parked in the corner of the parking lot. He was sitting in his car when it happened. I gave him my number to avoid a physical confrontation but I'm not liable here, right? I mean I'll pay his deductible if there is one but I shouldn't go beyond that? The spot he was in is literally 15 yards right of the fairway

I'm not sure about exactly that situation. We have a house on a golf course and my dad has his windshield broken and apparently there is an inherent risk that is assumed when you live on a course. I'd assume that this could fall under that category.

just can't make the leap and drop the 3 wood. To valuable off the tee on short/dogleg par 4s and on days when the driver isn't reliable.

Currently going Driver, 3W, 2 & 3 iron hybrids, 4-PW, 54, 60. Some newer wedges have multiple grinds - really like having it on the 54 where it can be more versatile around the green.

Do you hit the 2 or the 3 hybrid that much shorter than the 3 wood?

Are those gaps bigger or about the same as your wedges?

I rarely if ever use my 60 for anything close to full swings with that tempo so hard to say how "far" i hit the 60. A full 54 goes 105, a full PW (47 deg) gets me 125

I've heard from a lot of lawyers quoting actual trial outcomes that you're not liable. When someone builds a house near a golf course or parks a car near a golf course, they are assuming the risk of a wayward golf ball damaging their property - unless they can prove malicious intent or something.

Personally I've played a round where a guy broke a window and was at a range where a buddy put 2 drivers over a fence and through 2 windshields. Neither had to pay a nickel.

I agree with those saying you have no liability for hitting a house on a course, or a car parked right next to a course. They knew the course was there, they knew, or should have known, that golfers often lose control of their balls.

Having said that, I had a buddy that hit a house on the course at Wildwood Green in Raleigh - broke a window in a door. The house is situated so that it really sticks out into the area of danger. They wanted him to pay. I told him he wasn't liable. They took him to small claims court. I gave him advice and the little case law I could find (there is very little published case law on the issue). The judge was not a golfer and was clueless and my buddy lost and had to pay. I think I was more pissed than he was.

I'm headed to Phoenix/Scottsdale for 4 days in late September. Booked rounds at TPC Stadium Course and Ak-Chin Southern Dunes. I'd like to add at least one more round somewhere I haven't played before.

I've previously played Troon North (Monument), Grayhawk (Raptor), We-ko-pa (Cholla), Talking Stick North, Eagle Mountain, Gold Canyon (Dinosaur Mountain). What other course(s) should I look to play?

Just got back from a week in Scotland. I played Carnoustie, Nairn, Moray Old Course, Castle Stuart, Royal Dornoch (x4), RD Struie Course, and Brora. I think Royal Dornoch is now my favorite course in the world. Once I upload everything from my GoPro I'll post a few pictures.

still working on the pics?

What's the best place in Winston to get fitted for clubs? Had the same since high school and figure technology has passed by my cavity back Mizunos. Have a fairly newish putter and a Ping driver that I'll probably keep. Everything else is prime to be replaced.

LQ/Sleepy---any advice on Maple Chase and what they could for me there?

Back