• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official OGBoards Golf Thread

It appears to only show front, middle, back yardages. That is certainly helpful but doesn't appear to give exact yardage to the pin. At some courses the placement of the pins makes an exact yardage (such as from a laser rangefinder) more helpful.

Playing in the Maple Chase Club Championship this weekend. Looks like good weather for the event.

Never played in a Club Championship before, what should I expect in terms of competitiveness? I'm in the flight down from Championship due to the number of good golfers out there.

Figure it's a mixed bag between really competitive and people looking to have a good time in my flight.

So how did you do? Couldn't ask for better weather in August in NC than what we had this weekend.

So how did you do? Couldn't ask for better weather in August in NC than what we had this weekend.

Not sure how df27 did, but Sleepy won his flight again!

I played like dog shit and finished way back this year.

Shot back to back 86s. Overall I played better than my score indicated. Lost the driver for the back nine Saturday and front nine Sunday.

Not sure where I finished but I think possibly 2nd in the 2nd division of my flight. Fun weekend though.

Congrats to Sleepy. Two damn good rounds.

Shot back to back 86s. Overall I played better than my score indicated. Lost the driver for the back nine Saturday and front nine Sunday.

Not sure where I finished but I think possibly 2nd in the 2nd division of my flight. Fun weekend though.

Congrats to Sleepy. Two damn good rounds.

My problem was playing 1 round of golf in the 2 weeks prior to last weekend. Was very sloppy with hitting a few balls out of play, stuff I wasn't doing all summer when playing 4 times a week.

I made 6 birdies yesterday and still shot 76. Very rusty.

What'd our boy Sleepy throw down? That was the one adjustment that was tough when I was out there after playing Old Town earlier in the day, Maple Chase is tighter IMO. I guess I've also played OTC so many times that I know where to hit it/not hit it.

7b65ddc995ce92158f036afa782cda39.jpg

I was happy with the 75-75 I shot this weekend considering I had played 9 holes in the prior two weeks coming into it.

It appears to only show front, middle, back yardages. That is certainly helpful but doesn't appear to give exact yardage to the pin. At some courses the placement of the pins makes an exact yardage (such as from a laser rangefinder) more helpful.

Laser all the way. Overall GPS systems are just too much of a pain. Have to remember to keep them charged, program in courses ahead of time, some of them have extra fees, they'll occasionally lose satellite linkup or put you on the wrong hole...

I find that 9 out of 10 times a laser is just a faster, simpler, more dependable solution.

Laser all the way. Overall GPS systems are just too much of a pain. Have to remember to keep them charged, program in courses ahead of time, some of them have extra fees, they'll occasionally lose satellite linkup or put you on the wrong hole...

I find that 9 out of 10 times a laser is just a faster, simpler, more dependable solution.

This. I use GameGolf to tag shots every once in a while, but even that is a pain. It was free so I'm not complaining, but still....

Just laser it, hit it, and find it

Played Tanglewood's Championship course for the first time in a few years yesterday. Great layout, but holy crap.... the front 9 greens looked like minefields with ball marks and crab grass. Back 9 greens were a bit better. Other than the odd patch or two the fairways are just fine - very limited winter-kill left.

Humble brag time...after an embarrassing 81-76 in rhe club championship, and zero practice this week I put up a pair of 66's this weekend. Lowest back to back rounds in probably a decade.

Yesterday - hit 6 greens, one birdie, made a ton of putts...shot 77.
Today - hit 14 greens, only birdie was a chip-in, made nothing...shot 77.

Humble brag time...after an embarrassing 81-76 in rhe club championship, and zero practice this week I put up a pair of 66's this weekend. Lowest back to back rounds in probably a decade.

wtthll.gif

Yesterday - hit 6 greens, one birdie, made a ton of putts...shot 77.
Today - hit 14 greens, only birdie was a chip-in, made nothing...shot 77.

This is my game on a regular basis. I can roll out of bed and shoot 78. I can hit the range every day for a week...and shoot 78. Never seen the course? No worries...78. My home course? Awesome...78.

I've got the itch to play today and most of the W-S golf now specials are for at least two people.

Anybody else want to cut out of work with me?

Was thinking Salem Glen (played there last week and it's in exceptional shape)

Back