• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official OGBoards Golf Thread

Friend is planning a bachelor party in Philly and wants to play a round. Any suggestions for good, public courses in the Philadelphia area?
Did you guys set this up? I'm curious what courses he picked.

Cobbs Creek got an environmental exception for tree cover and is moving forward now. They say they're trying to host a PGA event there. I'm hoping it's like Harding Park where city residents can play for like $60 and non-residents pay $200

Random old guy info - but if you're a golfer with lower back issues (like me) and you've ever used one of those TENS devices, I recently snagged the NeuroMD version and I have to say it seems to be pretty legit. Solid step up from the previous ones I've tried, just a better design and stronger overall.

hit one of the best shots of my life last weekend. 187 yard 6-iron on a cold windy day, from behind a tree that I put about 30 yards of draw onto to bend it around said tree. It rolled up to 4 feet.

missed the birdie putt

cost myself 3 skins.

love golf. never felt different.

Getting fitted for clubs on Friday. I’ve only ever had my dad’s hand me downs so I’m looking forward to getting my own set.

Ended up with some Mizuno JPX irons, titleist wedges and putter, and Callaway driver and 3 wood.

Great way to spend $2,700 going into the weekend. Feels so good. You just shaved four strokes off your handicap.

Just came back from a trip to see the kids in California and #1 son got us on Monterey Peninsula GC. Ten days out there and we got the only day of sunshine so quite fortunate. My game is in the total shitter but the woman Member (74) we played with, former Club Champ shot a 81 and was a delight to watch. The floods, power outages, land slides and down trees out there are no joke.

Last edited:
Played one of my first rounds of the year yesterday at the club. We play COD (carts, opposite, driver) for 3 six hole matches. The guy riding with me is my partner is everything at the club and we are great buds. One the first six (we are partners), we win 4 up and he has 3 birdies. A very strong start.

On the first hole of the second match we are opponents. On the par 4 7th, he holes out for eagle from 130 yards. BUT THEN, I make birdie with a stroke on top to halve the hole. He careered it on the day with the eagle and 4 birdies. Golf is back and is freaking awesome!

FYI Callaway is running their extra 50% payment promotion this week. It's a little pickier this time but you can still put up 3 clubs for any Paradym driver. I tossed two old putters in with my current driver and it covered the vast majority of the cost. Such a PITA to sell clubs online these days it's a much nicer way to get a deal on a new driver. Plus the Paradym's are pretty sweet.

Hmm, My Callaway Epic Flash is $140 trade so I could get $210 toward a $600 Paradym. I kind of want new irons though.

Back