• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Omaha (Travel/Planning) Thread

It’s hard to plan for something where you could be gone after 3 days or there for 10.
Didn't your wife go to UVa? C'mon bro. Live it up. Both of y'all should go.

I was so superstitious I refused to even look ahead to the MCWS schedule - therefore I ended up planning a trip for our 35th anniversary that coincides with most of the WS. I'm an idiot but you're welcome for not jinxing us. Wherever we are at game time I will be glued to the TV!

What are folks thinking for tickets for Saturday (now that we know we're the early game)? Buy now with the thought they will definitely go up in price and down in selection if Texas wins?

Got flights and hotel today. We haven't gotten tickets to the game yet. I have been a long time critic of Walter and couldn't be happier to eat crow this year.

I have been going to wake baseball games since I was a kid with my dad and now I get to go watch the Deacs with my dad in Omaha. I am still on a high after last weekend and can't wait for more.

What are folks thinking for tickets for Saturday (now that we know we're the early game)? Buy now with the thought they will definitely go up in price and down in selection if Texas wins?
I have two tickets for sale behind Home Dugout for game 3 (TCU vs OR). I bought them thinking LSU would be in that slot. I paid $420, will sell for $300. These are section 119, row 11, seats 19-20. -scott

Got flights and hotel today. We haven't gotten tickets to the game yet. I have been a long time critic of Walter and couldn't be happier to eat crow this year.

I have been going to wake baseball games since I was a kid with my dad and now I get to go watch the Deacs with my dad in Omaha. I am still on a high after last weekend and can't wait for more.
I have two tickets for sale behind Home Dugout for game 3 (TCU vs OR). I bought them thinking LSU would be in that slot. I paid $420, will sell for $300. These are section 119, row 11, seats 19-20. -scott

I was so superstitious I refused to even look ahead to the MCWS schedule - therefore I ended up planning a trip for our 35th anniversary that coincides with most of the WS. I'm an idiot but you're welcome for not jinxing us. Wherever we are at game time I will be glued to the TV!
hang it

Flying into Lincoln on Friday and staying there Friday and Saturday nights. Much more reasonable than the Omaha hotels. Graduate Lincoln and Lincoln Marriott Cornhusker are two of the more reasonable options downtown if you’re still looking for hotels.

Got a ticket in section 221 for under $100. Cheapest that I found anywhere that aren’t in the outfield. Pulled the trigger to not have to play the waiting game this week.
Plug for TickPick to buy tickets. They have a freeze feature that allows you to freeze prices for a certain period of time. If prices rise during that period, they’ll give you the difference in site credit between the frozen price and new price (up to $25 per ticket; $50 per order).

Most tickets I’ve seen have been falling in price, but a good tool I’d you need tickets in the future.

if we win today, planning on making travel arrangements for next weekend.

If it were me I’d wait. One fanbase isn’t going to care about that game after they lose. Right now both teams still in play.

For those who are there, if there are any cool wake CWS merch?
They had a couple black Wake t-shirts that I saw - one incorporated gold laces into the logo. I think t-shirts were $38 each.

Not sure what other Wake gear they had. Saw a lot of general MCWS gear with the Omaha logo

Well managed to take this last minute trip tomorrow.

Back