• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Omaha (Travel/Planning) Thread

Was posting on the season thread but then realized we had this one - just booked flights to come for the Monday game, now just need a ticket. Is there a specific Wake section that I should be looking for when searching the secondary market for tickets? Want to avoid ending up in the middle of a bunch of LSU fans.

Also, for anyone needing a last minute hotel - the Hyatt Place downtown Omaha had rooms available at 9,500 points/night (which is super low), despite the rack rate showing at $550+ per night. Couldn’t believe it, jumped on it immediately.

In general, you can usually get much better value out of Hyatt points than any other chain they have fixed redemption rates. And you can transfer Chase and Amex points to Hyatt too, so it’s easy to use them

For those of you who are going this weekend if we make it, are you waiting to buy your plane tickets? Nearly everything I've found so far is nonrefundable, but in an ideal world I would like to go ahead and get them since I don't really foresee prices going down.

The croque burger at Block 16 was pretty damn good.

Coming from Austin the restaurant prices are like stepping back in time.

There is a free parking garage on Douglas near 18th. Close to the one with a $10 parking sign.

8e9671609f06fdd74c2c9ebc86efd04e.jpg

For those of you who are going this weekend if we make it, are you waiting to buy your plane tickets? Nearly everything I've found so far is nonrefundable, but in an ideal world I would like to go ahead and get them since I don't really foresee prices going down.
Was able to pay an extra $130 through American to make the tickets refundable. Haven't bought any air bnb or hotel though waiting to see on that front.

This is the problem I’m having too. I respect the history of Omaha and the event of the CWS, but damn this shit is difficult to plan for. Difficult place to get to with an event where your team could be done in 3 days or 10.

Last edited:

i paid extra for refundable getting there (southwest), delta on the way back which i fly enough so that a credit instead of a refund isn't a big deal.

My plan if we win tonight is get the tix refundable then start looking at hotels. Seems like the best course of action.

I figure actual game tickets will be simple. Lot of secondary options. Maybe some in person scalping? I'm not sure. Would love to be in a "wake" section but may not be possible.

I'll be happy anywhere in the park. Never sat in outfield seats for a baseball game. May do that to take in the experience (and wear a lot of sunscreen).

Have seen the LSU version on the official site run by Fanatics….but not the Wake Omadeacs. Same for other shirts.

And the Shop link on the CWS app took me to a bunch of crap for schools long gone….UNC being one of them. Pitiful.

My plan if we win tonight is get the tix refundable then start looking at hotels. Seems like the best course of action.
Be careful with hotels if you book before you know you’re heading out there for sure. Last weekend, there were a bunch that weren’t even offering cancelable rates and others that were cancelable, but not in a helpful way - like if I see “flexible rate” from Marriott, that usually means cancelable until the day before the stay, but some were only cancelable for 24 or 48 hours after booking.

i'm hoping that we'll see a bunch of rooms open up from LSU fans cancelling their rooms

Back