• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Omaha (Travel/Planning) Thread

I've not checked out every hotel within a 5-mile radius of the stadium, but I think if you're staying in a certain range it's going to run at least $300/night. Or you're going to be in a fleabag hotel.

This is what I'm hoping, big deluge of tix after tonight's knockout.
So you don’t think huge contingents of Tennessee fans will also converge on Omaha? As for finals, Florida & TCU are also both rabid. With multi-appearances. Bet they flock there also.

Florida showed 8851 coming to their Super game with a capacity of 7000. TCU hosted Indiana St in the Supers and had 8994 fans.

I think there are plenty of minor league stadiums they could use now. Post-Covid, Minor League teams are now taking lengthy 6-8 game road trips to one city instead of 2-3 shorter series trips. I’m sure some minor league stadium in a city that is easier to get to is big enough.
It ain’t leaving Omaha for quite a while. Seats 24,000 and they “put on the dog” for this event with open arms. Opened the new stadium in 2011 after retiring Rosenblatt on the Whit Merrifield series winning hit in 2010.

i was there last weekend, it was a great experience. it felt like there were as many LSU fans as like the rest of teams combined. didn't really like roccos that much but did put a few on the board for wake. will second the old mattress factory as a legit spot near the stadium. there are lots of cool areas outside of downtown, my favorite was the old market neighborhood. lots of cool spots around there. outside of the CWS fanfare, omaha was more legit of food/drink city than i anticipated, will definitely go back when the deacs are there next year.

So you don’t think huge contingents of Tennessee fans will also converge on Omaha? As for finals, Florida & TCU are also both rabid. With multi-appearances. Bet they flock there also.

Florida showed 8851 coming to their Super game with a capacity of 7000. TCU hosted Indiana St in the Supers and had 8994 fans.
Well they ain’t doing shots, that’s for sure

I've not checked out every hotel within a 5-mile radius of the stadium, but I think if you're staying in a certain range it's going to run at least $300/night. Or you're going to be in a fleabag hotel.
Maybe I booked a fleabag, but I just got Sunday and Monday nights booked for right about $200/night across the river through Costco Travel.

i was there last weekend, it was a great experience. it felt like there were as many LSU fans as like the rest of teams combined. didn't really like roccos that much but did put a few on the board for wake. will second the old mattress factory as a legit spot near the stadium. there are lots of cool areas outside of downtown, my favorite was the old market neighborhood. lots of cool spots around there. outside of the CWS fanfare, omaha was more legit of food/drink city than i anticipated, will definitely go back when the deacs are there next year.
Yeah we're getting good intel for the next 10 years of visits

Yeah I did United in and American back.

Didn’t seem like it would be much cheaper to fly into another airport and rent a car, so I just went straight to Omaha
Are you going to be at Harrah's tonight or tomorrow?

I'm so lonely. And, cold. And, scared.

Stanford had the smallest contingent. LSU the most by far. I could barely tell the difference with the rest.

What I found interesting is that although LSU had a lot more fans at the game last night they mostly just sat in their seats. There was some cheering and some LSU chants, but our fans were crazy. Maybe the LSU fans had too many Jell-O shots.

I also have to say that the fans in general have been great. With this much alcohol flowing you would expect a lot of asshole behavior, but that has not been my experience. I have encountered knowledgeable baseball fans who have been complimentary of our talent. Much different than my encounters with college football fans.

Agreed with FYC on Old Market, liked all the reconverted old buildings, cool vibes down there. Similar deal in Lincoln where we stayed, drive from there to Omaha couldn't be easier for any other Deacs making the drive not from the east

The stadium is great for the college world series but it is not close to an MLB stadium. I am not sure an MLB stadium could consistently match the atmosphere anyway.

I spent 7 hours Monday “working” from a coffee shop and the locals were all talking about the CWS. Even those who were not really baseball fans were tuned in. Many people stopped us to talk about the games. I am not sure where people would want the CWS to move to, but I cannot imagine it would beat Omaha.

Of course if we went 0 and 2 I might feel differently.

folks that are/were there: what is the rough ranking of crowd size by team?
1. LSU
(Big drop off to #2)

2. Wake
3. Tennessee
4. Oral Roberts

(Another fairly big drop off from here)

5. Stanford
6. TCU
7. UVA

8. Florida.

I literally don’t think I saw a single UF fan my entire time there. Granted, they didn’t play that day, but still…

TCU seemed pretty respectable to me. I was only there on Sat though so harder to gauge the teams that played the other day.

Also saw way more UF fans than UVa

The stadium is great for the college world series but it is not close to an MLB stadium. I am not sure an MLB stadium could consistently match the atmosphere anyway.

I spent 7 hours Monday “working” from a coffee shop and the locals were all talking about the CWS. Even those who were not really baseball fans were tuned in. Many people stopped us to talk about the games. I am not sure where people would want the CWS to move to, but I cannot imagine it would beat Omaha.

Anywhere that you can easily get to on this short of notice would be a nice start. How about Durham adds a second deck!

Ticketmaster now lists Game 1 of finals for around $350 behind home plate & about $150-175 for outfield.

Props to the NCAA for sticking with Omaha instead of rotating it around to massive stadiums like they do the Final Four.

Back