• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Omaha (Travel/Planning) Thread

I just got back today, it was awesome. I will 100% go again. The bars around the stadium get packed, but have great vibes. We liked Old Mattress Factory the best because you could go in and out of it to the fan zone beer garden. DJ's dugout probably had the best sports bar TV setup. We had a solid reuben sandwich at one of the original rueben sandwich places, Crescent moon.. Had our best dinner at V. Mertz and had a solid dinner at M's Pub. If you can't get a hotel within walking distance, Ubers and Lyfts were plentiful and easy.

Wonder how the vibe will be on Sat/Sun with only 2 teams left as opposed to having 6 teams still there. Hope we're part of it and get it rockin

folks that are/were there: what is the rough ranking of crowd size by team?

This is where I am. It’s making me actually not be in favor of Omaha having this event forever.
is the reason it's there because they have an MLBish stadium that's otherwise not in use this time of year? Seems like it'd be hard to get an MLB stadium available to use for that much time.

is the reason it's there because they have an MLBish stadium that's otherwise not in use this time of year? Seems like it'd be hard to get an MLB stadium available to use for that much time.
I think there are plenty of minor league stadiums they could use now. Post-Covid, Minor League teams are now taking lengthy 6-8 game road trips to one city instead of 2-3 shorter series trips. I’m sure some minor league stadium in a city that is easier to get to is big enough.

It'd be pretty easy if an MLB stadium wanted it to schedule around it. Don't the spurs do a few week road trip every year for the rodeo?

yeah but the NIT had always been in MSG until this(?) year. wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to open up to bids. surely NCAA officials are jealous of the bribery afforded by CFP host site bids.

Saw earlier that Omaha has it locked until the early 2030s at least

yeah but the NIT had always been in MSG until this(?) year. wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to open up to bids. surely NCAA officials are jealous of the bribery afforded by CFP host site bids.
25 year contract for the event signed in 2008. Perhaps a group of about seven cities is getting together to scour the agreement for an out!

Pulled the trigger, $790 direct from ATL to Omaha. Anyone have a decent cheap hotel? I tried to use the corporate codes but couldn't really get anything.

Trying to do the finals fairly inexpensively. We are driving up starting Thursday evening (going to Chris Paul talk at Wait Chapel and leaving from there). Staying in Lincoln for about $150/night ($180/night after taxes etc). Looking at tickets and wondering about some less expensive options in 122-124. What are the sight lines like in that funky area?

Trying to do the finals fairly inexpensively. We are driving up starting Thursday evening (going to Chris Paul talk at Wait Chapel and leaving from there). Staying in Lincoln for about $150/night ($180/night after taxes etc). Looking at tickets and wondering about some less expensive options in 122-124. What are the sight lines like in that funky area?

Wait to buy the tickets.

you will get the best price <4 hours from gametime

i got two one way flights (sat and tues) and wasn’t thaaaat bad.

des moines or kansas city and renting a car might not be awful

Last edited:
Yeah I did United in and American back.

Didn’t seem like it would be much cheaper to fly into another airport and rent a car, so I just went straight to Omaha

Back