• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL Pit mafia rankings thread

Haha, I had to work super hard this game to be everywhere and appease everyone, but I don't think it showed much to the civs - then I dropped a giant turd the last round because I wasn't around. I was still hot that I got lynched with zero evidence, but I didn't help myself by not being there. Also, had I just hit gooner instead of holding the bullet, maaaaybe I could get a run on doofus, but had convinced myself he was squeaky clean to everyone.

I tried to help.

Guys, let's pull off of Da. He's not around to defend himself.

I mean, kill it with fire, from orbit.

...is this...some kind of joke

Your biggest problem at that point was that maf2 started to turn on you. After the gooner hit failed, doofus, parlay, and I all thought something was up. We weren't sure if it was with you or Gooner, but we knew something was fishy.

The other problem you had is, even if you had hit gooner with your vig, I still was wondering what powers the indy had. I kept speculating that he or she had bomb powers, so that was one reason I really wanted to use you for hits. Your claimed power became useless for us in a late game scenario where we needed to kill maf1 members, so I saw you as the most expendable member of our team. If anyone was going to blow up on a bomb hit, it was going to be you in my mind. Therefore, even if the gooner hit had gone through, I probably would have pushed hard for you to do the next hit too and then your jig would have been up.

This, and all posts similar to this about Da being in maf chats, read as revisionist history to me.

Why would anybody ever think somebody they are introduced to as a mafia member wasn't really part of their team? You might think about some things after the fact, and with that knowledge, and thing OF COURSE!, but I cannot imagine people in the maf chat were openly debating if Da was really part of their team or not.

I could be proven wrong here, but I just don't see how anybody could jump to that conclusion in the middle of the game.

That’s why I think it was almost worse. She needed to make it three more nights to be unlynchable when we started the tie up with parlay/JTP. Once she saved parlay and we ran JTP, there needed to be a credible move for the final night and once she made the switch she removed that as a realistic possibility IMO.

But with JTP dying, I would have had to come up with a way to explain why I was silenced the same night JTP was bitten. It wasn't like I wasn't already getting heat anyway, and doing this meant that it would likely buy JTP another day and me 2. Plus, you have to remember that we thought we also had Da on our team. And Da could have chosen to force the game to go to RNG the day I was majo'd if he would have voted with me on Mako it would have been tied. It was already unlikely that I was going to make it much longer, so figured it was worth taking the shot. Of course the timing was bad and maybe it goes better if I claim indy at first after that, but oh well.

I like how the civs who were left alive at the end there felt like they were there because they were the ones who could figure it out.

The players that were left alive at the end were chosen to be alive at the end for a reason.

And how did that work out for you?

I've been on the gooner bandwagon forever but my ranking this week predict his fall after his bride to be castrates him (or leaves him at the alter). He played decent but his ranking are for shit.
I think Gooner was drunk when he did his rankings this week. He dropped me from 10 to NR.

This, and all posts similar to this about Da being in maf chats, read as revisionist history to me.

Why would anybody ever think somebody they are introduced to as a mafia member wasn't really part of their team? You might think about some things after the fact, and with that knowledge, and thing OF COURSE!, but I cannot imagine people in the maf chat were openly debating if Da was really part of their team or not.

I could be proven wrong here, but I just don't see how anybody could jump to that conclusion in the middle of the game.

I think Eaglez said none of the mafia roles were shared. M2 thought there might be a traitor from the start, but didn't know whom.

parlay
JTP
GM
Da
WFU
doofus

In. A. Row. Plus it has been revealed that you did try to kill me, Knight. And the civs that were left alive in the endgame had all done a good job clearing themselves to make the decision easy which is their only job. So get all the way the fuck out of here with any of that shit.

parlay
JTP
GM
Da
WFU
doofus

In. A. Row. Plus it has been revealed that you did try to kill me, Knight. And the civs that were left alive in the endgame had all done a good job clearing themselves to make the decision easy which is their only job. So get all the way the fuck out of here with any of that shit.

That's a good run by the civs. I think the only hiccup in the entire proceeding was the Ph lynch. Gonna go double-check that.

I think Gooner was drunk when he did his rankings this week. He dropped me from 10 to NR.

lol I honestly had you on there and then when it got deleted so GAT could rework the player list I forgot to put you back on, you deserve to be ranked. parlay was actually drunk when he did his though.

I love DV7 but I don’t see his overall body of work as a top 20 team. He has a great foundation with a high ceiling but he’s been performing at [Redacted] esque levels with his talent base.

That's a good run by the civs. I think the only hiccup in the entire proceeding was the Ph lynch. Gonna go double-check that.

Yeah. And Ph had to go based on the game. Nothing was gonna stop the Ph lynch given knight’s successful earlier hits - even if you think knight is lying still you go until he busts and then lynch knight.

I think hitting gooner with the bullet would've bought you more time for sure, but it would've been pretty damn hard to get the win because at the end of the game you would've had to either:

1. Eliminate all the mafia so you can convince the final civs to lynch somebody else.
2. Somehow convince your mafia teammate who is still alive in the end game to get lynched before the other civ, which would have looked super weird to the actual final remaining mafia member.

Your win condition was nearly impossible.

I had it down if we had used WFU03 to hit gooner, that was the key. The insistence to keep hitting with me is what ruined my chances, never expected it.

You read as dirty to me for like 4 or so rounds before you were lynched.

Lol, ok - I pushed all the bad guys on both sides and posted my civ game the whole time. The only reason was what gooner said, mathematically I was in the pool of non-dumbtells and non-likely claims.

What is revisionist history? None of mafia knew their teammates or their roles from their PM, so it was super sketchy out the gate - multiple mafia mentioned it, but they dropped it as the game went on.

parlay
JTP
GM
Da
WFU
doofus

In fairness to knight, at that point it was 6 civs and 6 bad guys, if you missed it would have been horrible - the two missed kills from maf 2 were the problem.

In fairness to knight, at that point it was 6 civs and 6 bad guys, if you missed it would have been horrible - the two missed kills from maf 2 were the problem.

Also, knight never wanted to hit Gooner. He pushed for bym over him. Not weighing in on if that was good or bad, just saying.

The players that were left alive at the end were chosen to be alive at the end for a reason.

Also, knight never wanted to hit Gooner. He pushed for bym over him. Not weighing in on if that was good or bad, just saying.

zACIxDj.gif

Back