• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL Pit mafia rankings thread

how is it not wfu03? guy was actively not posting in thread while being active in multiple chatzies?

Yup. He's getting my vote D1 in the next game. That type of play is just egregious. You're busy? Cool, I get it, we have lives. Actively hiding isn't cool

If Knight has the chat saved then he can prove it, but I think parlay or WFU03 mentioned after like Day 5 that Da might not be on our team. It's not revisionist history at all - I mean Da can confirm it haha.

No one in mafia 1 even considered a traitor. Even leading up to the potential rng play for GM, we were leaving it up to Da to decide. We figured he was in decent shape, so he had to choose an unlynchable GM but outing himself or trying to make it to the end without being able to hit mafia 2. I wasn't sure which had a better win chance, so when he voted GM, we were like, "ok, good luck.". We didn't know he was a traitor until Eagles posted in thread that mafia 1 was gone. We were very confused for a couple seconds until it sank in.

Yup. He's getting my vote D1 in the next game. That type of play is just egregious. You're busy? Cool, I get it, we have lives. Actively hiding isn't cool

Did I miss something? When was I active in chatzy but not in a game thread? I post roughly 1/10th of what I think/say in chat in general. I don’t think it’s a good idea to post every thought you have as a civ, so when I’m not around, it’s because I’m not around. If I post one or twice in a round, then I am usually reading but not actively there the whole time. If I don’t post at all, then I’m probably not around. I don’t think I’ve ever just tried to hide.

Did I miss something? When was I active in chatzy but not in a game thread? I post roughly 1/10th of what I think/say in chat in general. I don’t think it’s a good idea to post every thought you have as a civ, so when I’m not around, it’s because I’m not around. If I post one or twice in a round, then I am usually reading but not actively there the whole time. If I don’t post at all, then I’m probably not around. I don’t think I’ve ever just tried to hide.

But yet you bitch about being read as mafia every single game regardless, man. There’s probably a correlation here.

And I know it might be hard to believe, but yes, a few of us were wondering what was going on with da. Getting no kills but so many maf1 hits was interesting. Once he wasn’t silenced after trying to hit Jtp, that’s when we really started questioning what weird mechanic was at play. No one said, oh, he’s the Indy and has access to both mafias, but we all wondered what going on. Some of us wanted to more actively try to figure it out; some thought it would eventually resolve itself.

Yeah eagles told at some point you said "da is so dirty" or something like that

But yet you bitch about being read as mafia every single game regardless, man. There’s probably a correlation here.

Yeah, I agree. It’s why I’m taking a break for a while as I mentioned before. I don’t think the current meta and I get along well, so I won’t try to fight it any more. I need to study for the bar again sadly and I can’t spend multiple hours a day on mafia. So y’all have fun and post as much as you want. :)

Yeah eagles told at some point you said "da is so dirty" or something like that

Lol, yeah, I think I did post that exact line in chat. I kinda wanted to see how da would respond, but it also could have been read as me just going after him in the game thread. If I recall, he wisely ignored me.

Yeah, I agree. It’s why I’m taking a break for a while as I mentioned before. I don’t think the current meta and I get along well, so I won’t try to fight it any more. I need to study for the bar again sadly and I can’t spend multiple hours a day on mafia. So y’all have fun and post as much as you want. :)

That cane off a little harsher than I meant it btw. Good luck with the bar, bro.

That cane off a little harsher than I meant it btw. Good luck with the bar, bro.

Thanks man. No offense taken.

The last time I played regularly was 2010-2012ish and the meta was really different. Way less banter and posts overall and way more ability to read and reread individual posts. I think I’m just stuck in a time capsule compared to how many of y’all want to play. I think the new way is negative EV for the civs, but I’m tilting at windmills at this point.

This, and all posts similar to this about Da being in maf chats, read as revisionist history to me.

Why would anybody ever think somebody they are introduced to as a mafia member wasn't really part of their team? You might think about some things after the fact, and with that knowledge, and thing OF COURSE!, but I cannot imagine people in the maf chat were openly debating if Da was really part of their team or not.

I could be proven wrong here, but I just don't see how anybody could jump to that conclusion in the middle of the game.

You are incapable of understanding how well others play this game. Here's the proof you asked for, right after JTP died:

Parlay: GM is the Indy. She was silenced. Or they faked it

Knight: Jesus christ, man, we can eliminate GIANT swaths of people from Mafia 1 from the silencing.

WFU03: was Da silenced?

WFU03: he should have been, right?

Da: Oh shit was I silenced?

Knight: I didn't see you get silence.d

doofus: I thought the only people silenced were Ph and JTP

Da: I didnt get notified

doofus: Da should've been silenced

Knight: Da, if you're a traitor, Imma be bummed.

doofus: because he tried to kill JTP

WFU03: i think we need a mod clarification if that's a mod screwup

WFU03: he tried to hit and should have been silenced

doofus: lol otherwise DA is going BYE BYE

doofus: what night did JTP claim he was bitten?

Da: My role says I cant hit the supernatural mafia

Knight: Post your role, bb

After that, there's some more back and forth, but we figured it out.

You are incapable of understanding how well others play this game. Here's the proof you asked for, right after JTP died:

After that, there's some more back and forth, but we figured it out.

Eaglez said your mafia had questions on D1 because of the lack of roles.

Thanks for posting knight. That’s pretty damned clear that we jumped all over it. There was disagreement about what to do about it, but we certainly noticed it.

I was going to post what eagles actually wrote me, which was something like, you weren't silenced cause technically you didn't visit JTP, figure that out however you want - but thought that was borderline angle shooting. But, not sure what is and what isn't allowed in maf chat in that scenario.

Eaglez said your mafia had questions on D1 because of the lack of roles.

They did. But I claimed a role early and said something about not getting teammates in townies game and thinking it was weird too.

Back