• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL Pit mafia rankings thread

Eaglez said your mafia had questions on D1 because of the lack of roles.

We also did, but like others said, it wasn't our focus until later in the game.

I also want to point out that Da didn't drive our hits. He was very cautious about what he posted in the chats. 90% of our hits were consensus driven, and almost all of the early hits were based on cold reads; Damo and Redwing in particular. Ryala was an investigation.

The day I lynched Ph was a coin flip between DV7 and Ph. I thought I could grease Ph before he came in and counter-claimed; I was less certain about DV7 and I honestly just didn't want the fight that it would invariably bring.

bym, this was your best game. The only thing I would change about it was your early vanilla claim. I avoided hitting you so many times because we felt you were vanilla. I think if you hadn't claimed vanilla, TiC might have lived one more round.

I want to reiterate again that TiC played a fucking textbook game. Just absolutely the most amazing civ special play in the game. He caught a tough break on the hit.

I'm looking at the rankings now, and "Most EV- Civ" is so fucking hard. Like, DV7 is terrible - he could have just as easily been mafia in that game as he was a civ. However, he doesn't totally skullfuck the game like Ph does. And both of them are a different breed from someone like Numbers who is just objectively bad at the game, but isn't destructive or insane. Hell, even Rommy could fit into this category sometimes with poetry gone bad (like in this game).

So, I love the category as a troll category and not much more.

I think there is probably some truth in both here

Knight is a really really good player who sometimes gets too into his own head (as we all do) and can swing the other way fast. But knight knows how to read players and his last few games have been pretty good.

This game was a great example. One could very easily argue and be right that Knight was civ mvp. Civs were in the tank before knights play gave us 4 baddies (including knight). However one could also argue and be correct that knight handed mafia 2 victory on a silver platter (as da, knight and ryala have pointed out) and they squandered it. Mafia 2 shouldn’t have lost that game

No one is doubting his intelligence or talent for this game, I'm genuinely questioning his sanity. If you catch me saving chatzy transcripts, take me out back and shoot me. I just hope he's better at doctoring them than his buddy trump was at doctoring that weather map.

I was going to post what eagles actually wrote me, which was something like, you weren't silenced cause technically you didn't visit JTP, figure that out however you want - but thought that was borderline angle shooting. But, not sure what is and what isn't allowed in maf chat in that scenario.

I love how Eagles addressed the no hits. Very well done.

Also, Gouda's "I feel very uneasy about the collective civ butthole" had my fucking dying.

No one is doubting his intelligence or talent for this game, I'm genuinely questioning his sanity. If you catch me saving chatzy transcripts, take me out back and shoot me. I just hope he's better at doctoring them than his buddy trump was at doctoring that weather map.

Insane would be if I were saving them out of some unjustified paranoia.

Sane is me saving them after playing in a game where I objectively (with Tejas) fucking raped the shit out of a good group of civs, and then people calling me out saying it didn't happen, despite the chat proving it. This time, now when someone tries to claim "revisionist history" or just straight up gas light me saying "that's not how it went down," I can say, "OH, THAT'S COOL. FUCK YOU."

Which, I could do without the transcript; but having it makes it more fun.

The funniest post of the game was townie’s about dv7 having a job. A close second was bym about Andy and Shawshank. There were a few which made me actually laugh reading the thread.

The funniest post of the game was townie’s about dv7 having a job. A close second was bym about Andy and Shawshank. There were a few which made me actually laugh reading the thread.

bym had some AMAZING zingers this game. Just absolutely amazing.

No one in mafia 1 even considered a traitor. Even leading up to the potential rng play for GM, we were leaving it up to Da to decide. We figured he was in decent shape, so he had to choose an unlynchable GM but outing himself or trying to make it to the end without being able to hit mafia 2. I wasn't sure which had a better win chance, so when he voted GM, we were like, "ok, good luck.". We didn't know he was a traitor until Eagles posted in thread that mafia 1 was gone. We were very confused for a couple seconds until it sank in.

Thank you for your honesty.

I'm not saying I'm good at mafia, but you took us from a situation where we were winning to one where we stood less of a chance of winning. Parlay then took a dump on our chances of winning. Had either one of you actually played like a good player (say those ranked 8-12...just say we subbed SD3 with you), we would have won quite easily.

I've fallen on that sword and I think it's fair. I really didn't think I was tanking anything. I finally had a little window of time and that's just how I catch up. For the most part, if you are going to win at mafia, you can't play for your teammates. I try not to. I thought I had a way out of the heat that was coming my way and I maybe did. I just approached it wrong. I hope I will learned from my mistake. At the same time, as you can see from my catch up in this thread last night, it's kinda who I am (the so called word vomit). My only quibble with the above is you equate the 2. If we are ever teammates again, I hope you are confident that I'll try to avoid repeating my mistakes. Can you say the same about knight?

I also want to point out that Da didn't drive our hits. He was very cautious about what he posted in the chats. 90% of our hits were consensus driven, and almost all of the early hits were based on cold reads; Damo and Redwing in particular. Ryala was an investigation.

The day I lynched Ph was a coin flip between DV7 and Ph. I thought I could grease Ph before he came in and counter-claimed; I was less certain about DV7 and I honestly just didn't want the fight that it would invariably bring.

bym, this was your best game. The only thing I would change about it was your early vanilla claim. I avoided hitting you so many times because we felt you were vanilla. I think if you hadn't claimed vanilla, TiC might have lived one more round.

I want to reiterate again that TiC played a fucking textbook game. Just absolutely the most amazing civ special play in the game. He caught a tough break on the hit.

I'm looking at the rankings now, and "Most EV- Civ" is so fucking hard. Like, DV7 is terrible - he could have just as easily been mafia in that game as he was a civ. However, he doesn't totally skullfuck the game like Ph does. And both of them are a different breed from someone like Numbers who is just objectively bad at the game, but isn't destructive or insane. Hell, even Rommy could fit into this category sometimes with poetry gone bad (like in this game).

Your butthurt over people disagreeing with the say you play is amazing.

On day five I posted we should go after GM and said I was good with parlay and JTP runs as well. I was one of the first on damo (with bym) and also was one of the first two on redwing.

Again your refusal to share the limelight with anyone who isn’t kowtowing to your inane narcissism shows after every single game.

Quote Originally Posted by WFU03 View Post

The much better play would have been having one of the other maf2 players be the fake cop, led by Knight's real investigations. Then, when we ran out of investigations and that person got heat, they would fall on their sword. Knight would have still been invisibly pulling the strings and maf2 would still its extremely powerful investigative role left. All of that would have would required coordination and collaboration though.

That’s probably a fair assessment, but who was going to do that?

I would have. I knew I was going to go eventually. I always do.

Also, these are my honest thoughts about Knight -

I think this game, the timing of the claim wasn’t bad because it synergized with parlay’s role. Parlay got vig hits for predicting right lynches. Therefore, knight bussing people was getting extra powers for his mafia. The part that was questionable is I think redwing and ryala were both dying soon anyway, so it’s possible those powers could’ve been earned without a knight claim. Who knows.

I think knight sees things when he’s a civ that very few people can in some games. Clearly very smart. Looks at the game differently. But I also feel like knight plays the game by himself. I remember the most frustrated I’ve gotten in games is as a civ when knight just yells about my role being mafia 24/7. I think knight sees things, processes them, and then declares what he sees with a megaphone. Often it’s right. But I think the weakness is either the inability or unwillingness to engage others in dialogue about it. It makes it very frustrating when those reads are wrong to actually have a conversation in thread with knight because it’s just blunt repetition of reads and play style. It takes away, to an extent, the value of the reads actually being good because the mechanism for delivery can be fatiguing and people tune out.

You are incapable of understanding how well others play this game. Here's the proof you asked for, right after JTP died:

After that, there's some more back and forth, but we figured it out.

THAT ISN'T PROOF OF YOU FIGURING ANYTHING OUT

That's just a mafia chat when people are confused about WTF is going on.

You.
Are.
Not.
Special.

Also, my team won with me helping voting at the end and killing the last remaining baddie. Your team lost with you going off on your own (according to EVERYONE else on your team) and being a loose cannon because you simply cannot help yourself.

So you're fucking right that I don't understand how you play this game, because I'm a team player at the end of the day and you're a damn lunatic when it comes to mafia.

Tic did play a good game, but I don't think you realize how that went down. Mafia 1 watched you N4, saw tic and pH were visiting you. We hit TIC the next night when we had our hit, since we already knew pH was not the angel. There was no chance TiC was lasting any longer than he did. We would have gotten you the next time around, but you had missed on pH already.

THAT ISN'T PROOF OF YOU FIGURING ANYTHING OUT

That's just a mafia chat when people are confused about WTF is going on.

You.
Are.
Not.
Special.

Also, my team won with me helping voting at the end and killing the last remaining baddie. Your team lost with you going off on your own (according to EVERYONE else on your team) and being a loose cannon because you simply cannot help yourself.

So you're fucking right that I don't understand how you play this game, because I'm a team player at the end of the day and you're a damn lunatic when it comes to mafia.

You were awful

And that you saved the chatzy from the maf lair is fucking hysterical.

Why do you care so much?! That's legit crazy.

The more I think about it, the more I believe the fake didn't matter. We got 2 people who were on the block anyway. Knight won't last forever and he really didn't give up anything extra for us to work with.

The worst part about it was the rush to lynch Ph where he didn't have a chance to counter. I'd like to believe he would've shown up before deadline (right Ph?).

Parlay's is likely the worst because it gave us new targets and almost gave someone on the other mafia time to become unlynchable.

But it also brought about my favorite line from the game, the "Ol' Parlay's got ya" from mafia chat.

Ol' parlay likes bourbon.

Eaglez said your mafia had questions on D1 because of the lack of roles.

Insane would be if I were saving them out of some unjustified paranoia.

Sane is me saving them after playing in a game where I objectively (with Tejas) fucking raped the shit out of a good group of civs, and then people calling me out saying it didn't happen, despite the chat proving it. This time, now when someone tries to claim "revisionist history" or just straight up gas light me saying "that's not how it went down," I can say, "OH, THAT'S COOL. FUCK YOU."

Which, I could do without the transcript; but having it makes it more fun.

It remains an internet game.

You caring so much is fucking weird. Really fucking weird.

Just to add here, I am talking about Knights in game posts for the fake only - not anything about how the results were found or whatever. He posted through impossible investigations and had everyone on board. Not sure we had anyone on our team that could have done that, I know I can't - maybe thats why I think its great and maybe everyone else is more confident in their own skills.

You aren't wrong about that. He can bullshit with the best of them and bluster thru questions without answering them because of reputation. He would do that as an actual cop. There are 2 players that I never fully believe what they saw until I read it from the game mod: knight and rommy

Back