• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Russian Election Interference Thread

The Trumpiest Trump supporter I know said he liked Bernie. It has nothing to do with actual politics, clearly. It was simply that he was angry. Trump's base is insanely visceral, and just wanted to burn things down. Now things are burning down, and they're denying it.

Last edited:
I think a lot of trumpsters just want a “strong leader” (preferably a white guy) who can make government work for them.

By sheer force of personality and acting skills, Trump convinced them he was their guy. He’s a great huckster and charlatan. Most of his supporters don’t really understand or care about policy. So they could go for any adequately convincing person (preferably a white guy) of nearly any political stripe.

Last edited:
Haha. Bernie is a total demagogue

Bernies demagogery was only against the super rich, the one percent. His policy proposal, would have benefitted everyone else and would have been a uniting force for the other 99%. He was/is also a practical politician. He voted for the ACA rather than hold out for a single payer system, he supports gun rights because he knows it's the only way to get elected in Vermont. So, when his policies gained little or no traction in congress he would have found other ways to make incremental progress towards his goals. But what ever, arguing over what Bernie would have or wouldn't have done is not useful, my only point is that he is not in the same class as the other candidates that numbers listed.

That's just referring to the infamous RT dinner.

That's just referring to the infamous RT dinner.

Correct....my post was more of a statement about the quality of Schindler's perspective/insight. A lot of people group him in with Louise Mensch and some of the other cranks on twitter. I still argue that he knows what he's talking about and has been the best source of info on this story for a while now. I should have been more clear.

And commence flaming from Trump shills and self proclaimed enemies of the "deep state" in 3, 2, 1....

Last edited:
Oh fuck off Trump Jr.

Trump Jr. suggests conspiracy of people who don't want to let 'America be America'

"There is, and there are, people at the highest levels of government that don't want to let America be America," Donald Trump Jr. told a gathering of young conservative activists in West Palm Beach, Florida.

Trump Jr.'s freewheeling comments before the Turning Point USA Student Action Summit came after he spoke earlier this month before congressional investigators and as some on the right, including him, increasingly attack the Department of Justice's special counsel probe, alleging it is politically compromised.
Hayden: Trump Jr. conspiracy theory 'scary'
Hayden: Trump Jr. conspiracy theory 'scary' 00:48
In his remarks Tuesday, Trump Jr. railed against special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation and attacked the media's coverage of the Russia story, saying the ongoing probe was emblematic of the kind of "rigged system" the President had railed against during the campaign.

"My father talked about a rigged system throughout the campaign, and people were like, 'Oh, what are you talking about?' " Trump Jr. said. "But it is. And you're seeing it."

Earlier this month, CNN reported that former FBI Director Mueller had removed FBI agent Peter Strzok from the special counsel team after an investigation turned up anti-Trump text messages Strzok had exchanged during the presidential campaign. In one exchange in August 2016, Strzok wrote, "There's no way he gets elected -- but I'm afraid we can't take that risk. It's like an insurance policy in the unlikely event you die before you're 40."
Trump Jr. asked those before him to "imagine what would happen if we rolled back the clock to 2008" and a politically compromised group of FBI officials sought to undermine a potential Obama presidency.

"What do you think would happen?" Trump Jr. asked. "Do you think the media would cover that? Yeah. Do you think it would be brushed under the rug like, 'Oh, it's nothing. It doesn't mean anything.' There'd be revolution in the streets. So I'm glad that this is coming out now, because it is good, because real people have to see this."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/19/politics/donald-trump-jr-russia/index.html

TECH DEC 20 2017, 11:11 AM ET
Russian trolls went on attack during key election moments
by BEN POPKEN

NBC News compiled 202,973 tweets from 454 of the 2,752 accounts into its database, making it "one of the largest" known to date, according to Jonathan Albright, research director at Columbia University's Tow Center for Digital Journalism.

Those tweets earned 2.1 million retweets and nearly 1.9 million favorites.

"Thinking about this in a binary of 'did it cause someone to change their vote?' is overly narrow," said Laura Rosenberger, director of the Alliance for Securing Democracy. "It's about influence over time."

NBC News compiled its database by cross-referencing the list of identified accounts against data held by three sources familiar with Twitter's API, an online system that allows software developers to work with the data underlying users' tweets. The sources asked that their names be withheld to avoid being identified as possibly violating Twitter's developer policy.

2qnmell.png

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/social...nt-attack-during-key-election-moments-n827176

The banner on the bridge

The online troll games entered the real world two days after the election

On Nov. 10, a banner was removed from the Arlington Memorial Bridge in Washington, U.S. Park Police confirmed to NBC News.

"Goodbye Murderer" read the captioned portrait of President Barack Obama, according to photos recovered from online archives tweeted by an identified Russian troll whose activity appeared in the NBC News database.

28vsz8o.jpg

The troll said he and fellow "political activists" had hung the banner. "Goodbye to murderer @BarackObama #ThanksObama" tweeted the account, @LeroyLovesUsa, using the hashtag for a popular meme.

The account, which portrayed itself as that of a military veteran turned activist, also tweeted the images to @realDonaldTrump.

Leroy's tweets got hundreds of likes, and retweets and were amplified by other identified Russian trolls.

As they spread across social media sites, the Russian state-owned media organization RT reported on the banner.

A spokesman for the U.S. Park Police, Sgt. James Dingeldein, confirmed that a park police officer had removed the banner and that it was destroyed this fall. A Freedom of Information request filed with the park police by NBC News wasn't fulfilled before publication.

In January 2016, a pro-Kremlin art group called Glavplakat claimed responsibility for hanging a Shepard Fairey-style poster of Obama opposite the U.S. Embassy in Moscow with the word "Killer." The group has hung other banners criticizing opponents of the state around the Russian capital tightly controlled by the Putin regime.

Related: Russian trolls pushed graphic, racist tweets to American voters

Who hung the banner in D.C. or took the photo, or what their connection to the Russian troll who tweeted it remains a mystery.

NBC News did not find any records of the images being posted anywhere online else before the account posted them.

Looks like the next step would be to figure out which real people interacted with these Russian trolls on twitter.

Looks like the next step would be to figure out which real people interacted with these Russian trolls on twitter.

We should start with the President.

-Donald Trump has retweeted bots on Twitter hundreds of times.
-He has endorsed or quoted bots both before and after his election.
-More than 14 million of Trump's followers on the platform are fake.
-A huge network of bot accounts now exists largely to trigger a response from Trump by repeatedly tweeting at him messages they think he will like.

http://www.businessinsider.com/twit...d-look-at-trump-interaction-with-bots-2017-10

To keep my belief in humanity, I’ve convinced myself that all the top replies to every Trump tweet are from Russian bots. Because if they aren’t, we are all doomed.

Bus...meet Jarrad. Jarrad...meet the underside of the bus.

Last edited:
Jarred is going to be a horrible name to have in federal prison. And by federal prison, I meant on a beach in a none extradition country.

“Prosecutors ask FBI agents for info on Uranium One deal” [NBC]. “Stewart Baker, a former top lawyer in the George W. Bush administration and an expert in the CFIUS process, said he doubted that the Uranium One decision ever reached Clinton’s desk. About the donations [to the Clinton Foundation, and Bill Clinton’s $500K for a speech in Moscow], he said, “Is it possible that the Russians thought they needed to do this and that it would help them? Yeah, but that doesn’t mean that it actually did.” Sensible, but if the same logic is applied to communications between some Russians and the Trump campaign, don’t all the claims of “collusion” disappear as well?

Back