• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Russian Election Interference Thread

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/17/facebooks-vp-of-ads-says-russian-meddling-aimed-to-divide-us.html

Facebook's Goldman stated that sowing chaos, not electing Trump, was Russia's primary intent in infiltrating American social media networks.
"Most of the coverage of Russian meddling involves their attempt to effect the outcome of the 2016 U.S. election. I have seen all of the Russian ads and I can say very definitively that swaying the election was *NOT* the main goal," he wrote on Twitter.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/17/facebooks-vp-of-ads-says-russian-meddling-aimed-to-divide-us.html

Facebook's Goldman stated that sowing chaos, not electing Trump, was Russia's primary intent in infiltrating American social media networks.
"Most of the coverage of Russian meddling involves their attempt to effect the outcome of the 2016 U.S. election. I have seen all of the Russian ads and I can say very definitively that swaying the election was *NOT* the main goal," he wrote on Twitter.

I'll take "Bob Mueller, please investigate me" for $500 Alex.

Also I love how you Trump apologists are currently balls deep into the "Russia's main objective was to sow chaos" talking point.

We've all been saying this for 12+ months.

Buying ads were just a small part of their efforts. He knows that.

Sowing chaos and electing Trump are compatible objectives. In fact, electing Trump compliments the chaos objective.

Buying ads were just a small part of their efforts. He knows that.

And Facebook has testified in front of Congress and has an entire team devoted to messaging on Russian interference. It's strangely suspicious that this one guy decided to go rogue and talk about Facebook's role in such a public manner.

Corporate 101: Shut your trap about any ongoing investigations involving your company

Last edited:
If sowing chaos was Russia’s main objective, why aren’t we going through with the sanctions?

If sowing chaos was Russia’s main objective, why aren’t we going through with the sanctions?

Trump has said in the past that Putin told him they didn't meddle. So where's the outrage from our big boy that he was lied to?

Trump has said in the past that Putin told him they didn't meddle. So where's the outrage from our big boy that he was lied to?

Directed at everyone in the US who is trying to do anything to investigate the past or prevent a future occurrence.

An investigation is to determine if crimes have been committed, not to make some qualitative assessment on the effectiveness of those crimes. Mueller said no such thing as Novak claims he did in that commentary.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ll-speaks-it-was-like-being-in-orwells-world/

Remember when BSFL got disturbed when I posted his posting timeline.

What sorts of untruths did you write?

My untruths amounted to posting comments. I worked in the commenting department — I had to comment on the news. No one asked me my opinion. My opinions were already written for me, and I had to write in my own words that which I was ordered to write.

What was the working environment like — was it really like a factory?

There were two shifts of 12 hours, day and night. You had to arrive exactly on time, that is, from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. There were production norms, for example, 135 comments of 200 characters each. … You come in and spend all day in a room with the blinds closed and 20 computers. There were multiple such rooms spread over four floors. It was like a production line, everyone was busy, everyone was writing something. You had the feeling that you had arrived in a factory rather than a creative place.

An investigation is to determine if crimes have been committed, not to make some qualitative assessment on the effectiveness of those crimes. Mueller said no such thing as Novak claims he did in that commentary.

These indictments are intended to educate the American public. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Dems are going to get crushed in 2018

These indictments are intended to educate the American public. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Dems are going to get crushed in 2018

Yes, because all of the elections since 2016 have shown that. Keep dreaming troll.

Back