• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Russian Election Interference Thread

If your talking points mimic those that Russian troll factories are pushing, it’s probably time to revaluate your life.

You have carried water for a morally bankrupt demagogue who has done nothing but carry water for the far right wing in this country.

All the BS you spouted about how Trump is really a Democrat has been shown to be as useless as most of your rhetoric.

By calling you a troll, I am giving you the benefit of the doubt.

No one has made a definite determination one way or another.

And the effect on the election is irrelevant. We will never ever know if the Russian efforts changed one single vote but it doesn’t matter; this is America and the Kremlin should not be allowed to fuck with our Democratic processes.

From the top trade publication in the advertising industry.

Russia Spent $1.25M on Ads, Acted Like an Ad Agency: Mueller

In an indictment announced Friday in Washington, Mueller describes a years-long, multimillion-dollar conspiracy by hundreds of Russians aimed at criticizing Hillary Clinton and supporting Senator Bernie Sanders and Trump. Mueller charged 13 Russian nationals and three Russian entities and accused them of defrauding the U.S. government by interfering with the political process.

Those involved spent some $1.25 million per month on ad campaigns and measured their efforts much as an ad agency would, according to the indictment. It says the group kept track of metrics like views and comments, and measured engagement.

Prosecutors provided a remarkably detailed picture of how Russians used social media, fake rallies and secretive operatives in the U.S. to create "political intensity" by backing radical groups, opposition social movements and disaffected voters. The outreach from the Russians included direct contact with over 100 Americans.

This "information warfare" by the Russians didn't affect the outcome of the presidential election, Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein told reporters. Trump and his Republican supporters have repeatedly denounced the Mueller investigation as a "witch hunt" and have denied any collusion. The indictment cites no instances of Russians coordinating directly with the Trump campaign.

Still, the accusations detail unprecedented foreign attempts to influence the outcome of a U.S. election, including the manipulation of accounts at big U.S. companies like Facebook, Twitter, PayPal and Instagram. Those companies will continue to face pressure to clamp down on fraudulent accounts or risk a government crackdown from intelligence officials who have warned that Russians are already engaged in influencing the 2018 midterm elections.

Read More: http://adage.com/article/digital/russia-spent-1-25m-ads-acted-agency-mueller/312424/

Last edited:
The shrugging off of the Russian meddling is hilarious. If their efforts were so futile and ineffective, then why did they spend so much time, energy, and money them? And why has this administration spent so much time, energy, and political capital lying about it and defending it? Think.

And the funny part to me is that for years we heard how soft the Dems were on foreign policy, specific to the Russians, yet they sure spent all this time and money and energy making sure the Dems didn’t take the White House and took a shine to the candidate they could manipulate either because he is a stupid idiot, or because they had enough Kompromat, or likely both.

And people are so stupid they can’t piece this together in their minds, that they are being hoodwinked, bamboozeld, Shang Haied by a bunch of greedy corrupt assholes hellbent on profiteering off their heads being in the sand.

The shrugging off of the Russian meddling is hilarious. If their efforts were so futile and ineffective, then why did they spend so much time, energy, and money them? And why has this administration spent so much time, energy, and political capital lying about it and defending it? Think.

And the funny part to me is that for years we heard how soft the Dems were on foreign policy, specific to the Russians, yet they sure spent all this time and money and energy making sure the Dems didn’t take the White House and took a shine to the candidate they could manipulate either because he is a stupid idiot, or because they had enough Kompromat, or likely both.

And people are so stupid they can’t piece this together in their minds, that they are being hoodwinked, bamboozeld, Shang Haied by a bunch of greedy corrupt assholes hellbent on profiteering off their heads being in the sand.

You must spread some reputation around...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ll-speaks-it-was-like-being-in-orwells-world/

Remember when BSFL got disturbed when I posted his posting timeline.

What sorts of untruths did you write?

My untruths amounted to posting comments. I worked in the commenting department — I had to comment on the news. No one asked me my opinion. My opinions were already written for me, and I had to write in my own words that which I was ordered to write.

What was the working environment like — was it really like a factory?

There were two shifts of 12 hours, day and night. You had to arrive exactly on time, that is, from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. There were production norms, for example, 135 comments of 200 characters each. … You come in and spend all day in a room with the blinds closed and 20 computers. There were multiple such rooms spread over four floors. It was like a production line, everyone was busy, everyone was writing something. You had the feeling that you had arrived in a factory rather than a creative place.

What was his posting timeline?

LOL. Taking performance enhancing drugs for curling might be a new low. Sounds like this drug has the same effect as what Lance Armstrong and other bicyclists have taken to increase oxygen in blood flow.

Give me a fucking break. Who's the asshole at the top lying, denying and fighting with every single American agency and the public over Russian interference? Look at his fucking tweets this morning! The man is unhinged and a completely worthless leader who only cares about himself.

There's chaos but it falls squarely on Trump's shoulders. He's the president for Christ's sake.

You know what’s a good way to address this and deter future actions, maybe implement some form of sanctions, something that all of congress could unite behind, something that says your actions have consequences, something like that, if only it were possible.

Andrew McCarthy opinions:

[h=3]Waterboarding[edit][/h]He has defended the practice of waterboarding as not necessarily being torture, and as necessary in some situations to prosecute the War on Terror[SUP][7][/SUP][SUP][8][/SUP] whilst admitting that "waterboarding is close enough to torture that reasonable minds can differ on whether it is torture".[SUP][9][/SUP]
[h=3]Barack Obama[edit][/h]During the 2008 presidential election campaign, McCarthy wrote a number of posts on the National Review's Corner blog stating that he thought that Democratic Presidential candidate, Barack Obama, was not serious about protecting US national security against threats from Islamic extremism and elsewhere, and that Obama had a number of troubling ties and associations with leftist radicals.
In an opinion posted on the blog 'the Corner' on October 22, 2008,[SUP][10][/SUP] McCarthy wrote "I believe that the issue of Obama's personal radicalism, including his collaboration with radical, America-hating Leftists, should have been disqualifying."
In May 2009, McCarthy provided details of a letter declining an invitation from Attorney General Eric Holder for a round-table meeting with President Barack Obama concerning the status of people detained in the War on Terror. McCarthy noted his dissension with the administration in their policies regarding the detainees.[SUP][11][/SUP] On December 5, 2009 he came out publicly against prosecuting Islamic terrorists in civil courts rather than military tribunals, saying "A war is a war. A war is not a crime, and you don’t bring your enemies to a courthouse."[SUP][6][/SUP]
[h=3]War in Afghanistan[edit][/h]McCarthy has recently spoken out against the War in Afghanistan, saying that the War benefits the Afghans while hurting American interests, and that the United States should be concerned solely with its interests.
[h=3]Medicare[edit][/h]Coupled with his national security conservatism, McCarthy also espouses strong fiscal conservative views on entitlement spending, and favors the abolition of Medicare, which he calls a fraud and a Ponzi scheme greater than that perpetrated by Bernie Madoff.[SUP][12][/SUP] He says that the goals of the original proponents of Medicare were to get a foot in the door with "a Trojan Horse, whose proponents wanted universal compulsory socialized medicine."

Seems like most of that ineffectual response is because republicans are more interested in protecting the results of the election than in how it was comprised and how we can prevent it from happening again. People seem to forget that this special council investigation was started as a counter intelligence investigation by the FBI but the GOP and Trump’s team lied to investigators repeatedly so it became a criminal investigation and then he fired the FBI director. Pubs obstructed a counterintelligence investigation focused on protecting our elections systems from foreign cyber-warfare, and now here we are. Our response to the Russians’ egregious attack on us is a lawsuit and congressionally mandated sanctions that have not been implemented.

Wow, those are serious allegation against Hillary. Tell me, why did Colin Powell need a private server when he was Secretary of State for Bush?

where is the evidence that he mishandled classified data on it?

Wasn't Hillary's purported mishandling of classified data based simply the fact that she *had* a private server?? How else was it mishandled?

You know good and well that Colin Powell laced into Hillary for trying to drag him into her swamp..

33,000 emails bb’d - 13 or more devices crushed with hammers

Not allowing the “beloved” FBI to examine DNC server — instead using acolyte funded Crowdstrike (Schmidt/Google)

Lying about involvement with paying for dossier. Then lying more when Perkins Coie revealed payments to Fusion

There are so many lies being told by Dems and their media organs that it is actually hard to track them all.. a literal mountain of lies and deception

You know good and well that Colin Powell laced into Hillary for trying to drag him into her swamp..

The same Colin Powell that convinced *her* to use a private server in the first place?

Back