• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Russian Election Interference Thread

You didn't have to switch your vote to Trump for the e-mails to swing the election. What percentage of voters switched their vote to Jill Stein or simply stayed home because of the constant drumbeat?

Who gives a shit if you remember? Hacking the DNC was illegal and a massive attack on our Democratic processes. Why wouldn't we investigate and punish the perpetrators?

because it was an inside job you dolt

too bad all that common sense hasn't helped you in your real life, what with all the excitement over the $50 a month in tax relief and whatnot

I got $350/mo. Maybe that's crumbs for the highfalutin app state grad, but for this poor calloway grad, it was certainly welcome.

good for you, man. Anything to offset all the money you wasted going to WF. Im rooting for you

I was poor enough my parents only were on the hook for like a grand a semester. Was pretty sweet, actually.

Oh so all that talk about using the tax break to pay down student loans was part of the troll?

Solid. Youre better than I thought

no palma is certain that they couldn't have had a slow-drip effect on swing voters to the tune of 0.8 percent.

get 'em, man!

giphy.gif

By the dolt who NAILED the results of 2016

How would you have analyzed the polling data differently? What are you criticisms of Silver's modeling approach? Personally, I wish Silver had put confidence intervals on the model projections to better communicate model uncertainty. But, the reality is, of all the predictive models out there, his was the closest to what actually happened. He predicted that Hillary would win the vote share by 3.6% and she actually won the vote share by by 2.1%. The biggest error was that he under estimated the third party vote by about ~1% nationally and in a few key states it was especially problematic. For example, in Wisconsin Silver predicted that Clinton would win and that 3rd parties would 4.9% but they actually 6.3% or Florida where Silver predicted Clinton would win and 3rd parties would get 3.2% but ended up with 4.0%.

And that’s why the Russians courted Jill Stein.

Back