• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Russian Election Interference Thread

As much responsibility for Trump's election that Putin has, there are 33 people who have more. That group is Roger Goodell and the 32 NFL owners. Had they allowed Trump to buy the Bills, it's very, very unlikely he would have run for POTUS.

That’s like being surprised a team took more shots and lost.

Sobering piece on where this Russian hysteria is leading

https://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2018/03/will-stop-us-russia-arms-race.html

mean, let me make the point you made before. One reason this situation is so dangerous, Aaron, so dangerous, is that in the ’70s and ’80s, and I participated at a junior or younger level, the debate over Cold War or detente in the United States, that the pro-detente people, the anti-Cold War people had lots of very senior allies many in Congress. Even in the State Department. Even among presidential aides. It was always a fair fight.

There is no one today. Only the Schumers and the Pelosis. And they have become with this Russia gate stuff, claiming that Putin attacked America and it was like Pearl Harbor or 9/11. I mean I never call people names, but this is warmongering. That’s exactly what it is. If you claim Russia attacked America, the assumption is we have to attack Russia. And we’re talking about nuclear war potentially. So what kind of political leadership is, we have descended into a morass of degraded commentary on Russia that has never even when the Soviet Union existed, even during the worst days of the Cold War, we didn’t have this kind of discourse.

back then, the left and the liberals, there were liberals back then, wanted accommodation with the Soviet Union, which had threatened to bury us, wanted to destroy western freedom and the free market economy, and take over the world, but so what? the left and the libs said, let's accommodate

now, the lubes hear Russia mentioned and they go all apoplectic and hysterical, go figure, the lube fools haven't a clue

Now conservatives want to accommodate.

Dang Palma is still out trolling? Figured he be pullin his little pud over stormy Daniels’ terrible tit job today

back then, the left and the liberals, there were liberals back then, wanted accommodation with the Soviet Union, which had threatened to bury us, wanted to destroy western freedom and the free market economy, and take over the world, but so what? the left and the libs said, let's accommodate

now, the lubes hear Russia mentioned and they go all apoplectic and hysterical, go figure, the lube fools haven't a clue

Lest you forget, the mass of lubes then we’re northeast republicans, and most of the staunch warriors were southern democrats. We live in strange times.

Stephen Cohen - Professor of Russian Studies at Princeton and NYU's takes on Russian relations = Dumb
Newenglanddeac's take = ????

I know you are trolling but any hysteria is only coming from you, Cohen and other rubes who believe that investigating and pushing back on a foreign adversary (who fucked with our right to vote) will inevitably lead to nuclear holocaust.

Last edited:
I know you are trolling but any hysteria is only coming from you, Cohen and other rubes who believe that investigating and pushing back on a foreign adversary (who fucked with our right to vote) will inevitably lead to nuclear holocaust.

So you've been railing on Russia non-stop for 18 months but when you actually get back power you only want to give them a slap on the wrist?

Back