• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Russian Election Interference Thread

Hook, line and sinker for the rubes. It is highly irresponsible to call them abuses until it is investigated, don’t you think? That is why you guys think the Hillary is a bigger criminal, without a record, compared to Trump, which an extensive record for illicit activities. Especially when this is based on the crap Nunez memo. Seems odd that they wouldn’t want to monitor a perceived, by everyone is my understanding, a Potential Russian stooge.

If there is wrongdoing, they will take care of it...that (not verbatim) is actually in the article.

Heads are going to roll warlock

Heads are going to roll

If I had a dime for every time you have said that...I would be in a much higher tax bracket.

Like I have said, I don’t care who is dirty. Democrap or Repugnicant...if they are dirty, lock them up. We are already going down the economic rabbit hole, just pile it on.

squirrel.jpg

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/03/russia-american-foreign-policy-realism-difficult/

We Will Never Have an Honest Conversation about Russia Again?

In elite policymaking circles, in the well-lit rooms lined with free bottles of spring water, where people grandly refer to themselves as “Atlanticists,” Russia isn’t spoken about as if it were a nation with its own history, impelling national interests, and problems. Instead, both privately and publicly, it is spoken of like a ghost written into the Western storyline. It haunts the West. It is the motor behind every unwelcome political development. It is blamed for the rise of Viktor Orbán in Hungary, even if he was the product of Atlanticist institutions. People blame Russia for the rise of a populist nationalist party in Poland, even if that party is led by a man who believes Putin killed his brother.

Some day we might learn again that Russia is simply a nation-state with its own enduring interests.

Russia functions as symbol of Western self-doubt, in all its varieties. Western populists doubt that their leadership class has their interests at heart, and they imagine that Putin stands up for his country. Some in the Western political class doubt that their post–Cold War program of ever-freer movement of goods, capital, and people could ever come to ruin. And so they believe its apparent rejection in the votes for Brexit and Donald Trump must be the product of Russian machinations.

In elite policymaking circles, in the well-lit rooms lined with free bottles of spring water, where people grandly refer to themselves as “Deplorables,” Hillary Clinton isn’t spoken about as if she were a Secretary if State with with own history, impelling national interests, and problems. Instead, both privately and publicly, she is spoken of like a ghost written into the GOP storyline. She haunts Republicans. She is the motor behind every unwelcome political development. She is blamed for the rise of Viktor literally everything bad, even if it was the product of Republican institutions. People blame Hillary for Russianinterference, even though the evidence strongly points to associates of the President if not the President himself.

Hillary functions as symbol of Republican self-doubt, in all its varieties. Trump has seeded doubt among Republicans that their leadership class has their interests at heart, and they imagine that Putin stands up for his country. Many of Trump's supporters think that the golden era of post WW2 America, with the local mills and Jim Crow are just around the corner. The ever-freer movement of goods,capital, and is frightening. And so they believe their apparent rejection of rational thought in the votes for Brexit and Donald Trump will deport the monster under their bed.

I guess if I’m a criminal then I should just join a political candidate’s campaign so that surveillance on me becomes illegal.

yeah I don't get the snowflakey caterwauling about the Obama FISA surveillance request for Carter Page as some kind of exoneration of the Trump team. It's the "I know you are but what am I" defense. The dossier made its way to the highest law enforcement individuals, and to the President who shared it with President-elect Trump, who himself called it a "shakedown," so why wouldn't there be an investigation of what was in it? Shakedowns are criminal blackmail attempts are they not?

Last edited:
Wow. Trump played everybody. All the coverage going into the weekend was about Trump's surprisingly tough move against Russia. There will be significantly less coverage of 60 new Russians replacing them.

Back