• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Russian Election Interference Thread

Going back and re-reading the first few pages of this thread was really interesting.

Going back and re-reading the first few pages of this thread was really interesting.
oh man, BobStackFan really had his finger on the pulse of what is real and what is fake in this world.

Russia’s Plan to Buy Off the GOP Began Before Trump

Here’s more from the affidavit, which can be hard to read because of Butina’s poor written English. In that March 24 email, she proposed to this American contact of hers something she called “Project Diplomacy.” The GOP, she wrote, is “traditionally associated with negative and aggressive foreign policy, particularly with regards to Russia. However, now with the right to negotiate seems best to build konstruktivnyh relations.” The email mentioned her ties to the NRA and the prominent role the NRA plays in Republican politics. It concludes by requesting $125,000 so she could attend “all upcoming major conferences” of the Republican Party.

you can believe what you want but in the end the version in the fox/wsj article will be shown to be a lot closer to the truth than what the left currently claim

Russian meddling in the 2016 U.S. presidential election may have been meant more as a warning to Hillary Clinton about Moscow’s capabilities than an earnest bid to boost then-candidate Donald Trump, former U.S. attorney general Michael Mukasey argues.

In a piece published in the Wall Street Journal, the former AG for the George W. Bush administration speculated that Russian President Vladimir Putin never thought Trump would win the election and instead wanted to “send a warning” to Clinton that Russia could have information from her hacked personal email server.

you should do some of the reading you're always harping on and check the article about Trumps' relationship with russia going back to the 80s. we'll all wait

what does "the left currently claim"? As far as I can tell, "the left" just wants Mueller protected so he can get to the truth of whatever actually happened, and prevent it from happening again. "The left", and a lot of the right, just saw Trump bow down to Putin and trash our own intelligence community, and rightfully wonders why the heck someone would do that. The simplest explanation is that Trump's ego will not allow him to even entertain the notion that one single vote for him might have been due to Russian meddling. Acknowledging that Russia meddled in the election would undermine his self image as an extremely stable genius politician, also a self-made man (minus that small loan from his father, of course), who single-handedly bested the Clinton political machine. But his overall history of behavior and involvement around Russia and Putin certainly gives rise to a reasonable suspicion that maybe there is something more nefarious going on here. There is a whole spectrum of what that could be, from Trump-as-unwitting-dupe to Putin-has-Kompromat.

you can believe what you want but in the end the version in the fox/wsj article will be shown to be a lot closer to the truth than what the left currently claim

That speculation from Mukasey is UNVERIFIED, DAMNIT! How the FUCK can you rely on that, you HGToH?

Granted, I haven't followed this as closely as I should have, but is sailor saying in post 7623 that Russia absolutely meddled in the 2016 Presidential election? Because when I was last tuned in, the conservatives/right on this board and Twitter were saying that it didn't happen.

Are the goalposts currently, "it did, but what Russia was trying to do was intimidate Hillary."?

In sailor’s world, if you play a game you think you’ll lose, it’s just a warning. You weren’t actually trying so if you do win, you didn’t try to win.

So why do we want a foreign powers to intimidate a former First Lady, former Secretary of State, and presidential candidate? Doesn’t seem in American interest.

In sailor’s world, if you play a game you think you’ll lose, it’s just a warning. You weren’t actually trying so if you do win, you didn’t try to win.

And even if you did, it doesn't really matter because other countries, including the US, influence elections around the world.

Granted, I haven't followed this as closely as I should have, but is sailor saying in post 7623 that Russia absolutely meddled in the 2016 Presidential election? Because when I was last tuned in, the conservatives/right on this board and Twitter were saying that it didn't happen.

Are the goalposts currently, "it did, but what Russia was trying to do was intimidate Hillary."?

Russia has been meddling in other countries and their elections since at least the 19th century, I've said that for years, from the very beginning of this Trump-Russia collusion story

the lefties on here have insisted that Russia's history of meddling is irrelevant because they don't want their current hysteria understood in a wider perspective

there is no indication in the indictments from Muller that any Americans, including Donald Trump, colluded with Russia or that the Russian hacking resulted in any changed votes, as the Department of Justice has also said

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_electoral_intervention

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulro...the-russian-collusion-narrative/#157d162b2583

Back