• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Russian Election Interference Thread

Basically Trump has been lying since BEFORE he was sworn in. There has to be a lot of kompromat on Trump in Russia.

Where are Trump's tax forms?

FOLLOW THE MONEY!!!

So the same day Trump got briefed on Russian hacking is the day Comey told him about the pee tape? No wonder Trump just thinks its all #fakenews.

I posted this on another thread:

Texas Republican Congressman Will Hurd said tonight that Trump is being manipulated by Putin. Hurd is a former CIA Agent.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/19/o...-congress.html

Trump Is Being Manipulated by Putin. What Should We Do?

"Over the course of my career as an undercover officer in the C.I.A., I saw Russian intelligence manipulate many people. I never thought I would see the day when an American president would be one of them.

The president’s failure to defend the United States intelligence community’s unanimous conclusions of Russian meddling in the 2016 election and condemn Russian covert counterinfluence campaigns and his standing idle on the world stage while a Russian dictator spouted lies confused many but should concern all Americans. By playing into Vladimir Putin’s hands, the leader of the free world actively participated in a Russian disinformation campaign that legitimized Russian denial and weakened the credibility of the United States to both our friends and foes abroad.

As a member of Congress, a coequal branch of government designed by our founders to provide checks and balances on the executive branch, I believe that lawmakers must fulfill our oversight duty as well as keep the American people informed of the current danger."

Not a real surprise. I've thought for awhile that if Mueller does prove the Trump campaign colluded with the Russians, or simply that the Russians played a much greater role in the 2016 election than most Trumpites are currently willing to admit, that their next "fallback" talking points position would be to say "Well, was it really so bad that the Russians played a definite role in keeping Hillary from winning, and kept her out of the Oval Office?" I think there's a large number of Trumpites who wouldn't care, as long as the Great Satan Herself was prevented from winning the election. That may well be why so many of them in polls and news articles since the summit say they don't care about Trump's behavior and statements at the summit - they're perfectly fine if Russian interference helped Trump win. That's all that matters - their man is in the WH, they get to appoint right-wing SC justices to roll back decades of progressive rulings, and liberals are mad. What do we care if Trump is Putin's bitch, or if the integrity of our elections are at stake?

Last edited:
It's all about keeping power. That's it. That's all it's ever been. When one thing fails, they move on to the next thing. Democracy is failing them in an country moving toward majority minority, so they don't care about protecting it.

I posted this on another thread:

Texas Republican Congressman Will Hurd said tonight that Trump is being manipulated by Putin. Hurd is a former CIA Agent.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/19/o...-congress.html

Trump Is Being Manipulated by Putin. What Should We Do?

"Over the course of my career as an undercover officer in the C.I.A., I saw Russian intelligence manipulate many people. I never thought I would see the day when an American president would be one of them.

The president’s failure to defend the United States intelligence community’s unanimous conclusions of Russian meddling in the 2016 election and condemn Russian covert counterinfluence campaigns and his standing idle on the world stage while a Russian dictator spouted lies confused many but should concern all Americans. By playing into Vladimir Putin’s hands, the leader of the free world actively participated in a Russian disinformation campaign that legitimized Russian denial and weakened the credibility of the United States to both our friends and foes abroad.

As a member of Congress, a coequal branch of government designed by our founders to provide checks and balances on the executive branch, I believe that lawmakers must fulfill our oversight duty as well as keep the American people informed of the current danger."

I feel like a broken record, but I'm going to say again, Will Hurd is on the House Intelligence Committee. He has the power to do more than write an op-ed in the NY Times.

Too bad we can do nothing about the excesses of this president

Also, sometimes when you’re in the Senate, people call you and complain that you are not doing anything, but that is just part of the job. Anyway, please don’t tell me what I should be doing. I am doing all I can: I am going on the television and saying that I am upset. I have also Taken To Twitter to voice this opinion, so you know that I am serious!

That didn't happen.

And if it did, it wasn't that bad.

And if it was, that's not a big deal.

And if it is, that's not my fault.

And if it was, I didn't mean it.

And if I did...

You deserved it.

I feel like a broken record, but I'm going to say again, Will Hurd is on the House Intelligence Committee. He has the power to do more than write an op-ed in the NY Times.

Too bad we can do nothing about the excesses of this president

A friend of a friend posted this about the tone of Hurd's column:

"Hello. The freakin President is "under the control" of another country, and just any other country, and then he goes on as if he just said the price of milk is high. The premise of his article is an emergency and then he lists things Congress could do that sound like everyday business. What a disconnect!"

By the way, Hurd barely won his district in 2016. Here is his 2018 opponent. Gina Ortiz Jones, a first-generation Filipina child immigrant lesbian Air Force veteran who served in the Obama administration and resigned 5 months into the Trump administration. https://ginaortizjones.com/about

Back