• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Russian Election Interference Thread

It’s the fucking hypocrisy I am so tired of, starting with the biggest the awful evangelicals and working its way through every damn conservative. Pretty much zero principals. Russia is a huge problem and sworn enemy, nah Russia’s cool. Sexual assault is fine if it’s the president, fuck Weinstein that’s the worst thing ever, dossier is completely fake bullshit, Hillary paid for it and it’s the biggest scandal ever. List after list after list. I get it when it’s actual rubes that are spoon fed a diet of bullshit from the crap moonz posts and have no reasoning and zero intellect. Here on the boards that shouldn’t be a problem, you would think we could have reasoned conversation but the conservatives on the board want to either troll or worse may actually believe the bullshit they spew, which pretty much means reasoned conversation is dead.
It is what happens when your source for information is strictly Fox News and InfoWars....Trump could tell everyone that he loyal to Russia and it was his duty to take down the west....his bots would be like " what a brave American"

Romney: Russia is our greatest geopolitical threat

Obama: The 80s called.

Yeah Romney got the upper hand there. I also think that's what Louis was referencing with the "Russia is a huge problem and sworn enemy" changing to "nah Russia's cool" - could be wrong.

Not necessarily sure that constitutes hypocrisy but I'll yield that this one is the closest yet. Obama didn't think Russia was the biggest geopolitical threat, turns out he was likely wrong. We also increased the knowledge about Russia between Romney's quote and the current time period where there's been a lot of evidence of Russia attempting/trying/succeeding to tamper with American politics and sow division. May be semantics but I don't view changing ideas based on new evidence as flip flopping or hypocrisy.

Kudos to Romney for nailing the Russia issue early on.

Hypocrisy is think within all of politics, to say it is a unique republican problem is to be intentionally ignorant of reality.

Pretty sure a poll from a few years ago and a recent poll showed that democrats always had a somewhat concern while conservatives did a complete 180.

The difference is that I will admit Mitt was dead on the money with that claim and as an Obama supporter will not hesitate to say he was wrong on his response.

Hypocrisy is think within all of politics, to say it is a unique republican problem is to be intentionally ignorant of reality.

so we (Dems) now agree with Romney that it's a threat. you (Pubs) say nah.

Pretty sure a poll from a few years ago and a recent poll showed that democrats always had a somewhat concern while conservatives did a complete 180.

Yes. Republicans have completely changed on a range of issues in the last 2+ years.

In retrospect only because it now benefits your team to feel that way, such is the hypocrisy.

No. Because Russia has reemerged as a major geopolitical threat.

You don't feel like Russia is a more obvious threat than they were in 2012 thanks to what's happening in the Ukraine, Syria, and meddling in our elections?

No. Because Russia has reemerged as a major geopolitical threat.

lulz, Russia in recent history has always and will always be a geopolitical threat. Dems didn't want to hear that when they were selling them uranium tho.

Back