• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Spring Football 2014 Thread (Spring Game Saturday at 2:00)

Both incoming QBs will get a chance to start and neither may redshirt if Sousa and Cameron are that bad.
RB is just going to be raw.
WR will likely add Kameron Uter
TE will likely add Devin Pike
Herron may get a shot at LT but I'd be surprised if any tFR OL play
Zeek Rodney will likely get a shot at DT
Zack Wary will likely get a shot at MLB
I think the entire true frosh secondary will redshirt

I would only be mildly surprised. There is a need at tackle. Ford is a guard playing tackle. They run sometimes a line-up with Will Smith at LT and Ford at LG, but Smith is not the answer, at least right now. If Herron can play at a roughly comparable level to Ford then I could see him play right away. It would make us better to move Ford to guard where Hayworth right now is a huge, strong body that is stiff and unathletic.

Seeing Donatell's name on the spring roster reminded me that he was once a 3 star quarterback recruit with an offer from Nebraska. When healthy, maybe he could return to his former position if needed. Listed below is the ESPN scouting report on him.

ESPN Analyst
Updated 02/01/2012
Donatell is a very efficient dual threat quarterback with the feet and intermediate throwing ability to keep defenses honest. Has the size and athleticism for the quarterback position at the major level of competition; will need to improve his arm strength while it appears his frame is capable of handling additional body mass over time. We see a good ball handler with the foot quickness necessary to pressure the edge off of play action and bootleg plays. Is a left handed passer who throws on the move in either direction with good intermediate touch and accuracy; squares his shoulders and is capable of delivering the ball on time and in stride; is functional in the pocket, displaying good poise; doesn't rattle under pressure while doing a good job running screen plays. Has a quick 3/4 release, demonstrating the ability to step up and into throws, getting the ball out of his hand quickly; deep arm strength will need to improve. This guy is a tough customer with deceptive speed with a nose for the end zone; does a nice job running the zone read play; makes good decisions and although lacking great playing strength he is very willing to take the ball inside for positive yardage. This is a talented athlete with the athleticism and on the field leadership qualities we look for when evaluating quarterbacks. Donatell does not appear to be an immediate starter at the major level of competition. Some time and perhaps a red shirt year may be necessary to develop physically while polishing his skills.

I thought Donatell was doing a good job last year at LB before he got hurt. He would also probably have to drop weight too etc.

Seeing Donatell's name on the spring roster reminded me that he was once a 3 star quarterback recruit with an offer from Nebraska. When healthy, maybe he could return to his former position if needed. Listed below is the ESPN scouting report on him.

ESPN Analyst
Updated 02/01/2012
Donatell is a very efficient dual threat quarterback with the feet and intermediate throwing ability to keep defenses honest. Has the size and athleticism for the quarterback position at the major level of competition; will need to improve his arm strength while it appears his frame is capable of handling additional body mass over time. We see a good ball handler with the foot quickness necessary to pressure the edge off of play action and bootleg plays. Is a left handed passer who throws on the move in either direction with good intermediate touch and accuracy; squares his shoulders and is capable of delivering the ball on time and in stride; is functional in the pocket, displaying good poise; doesn't rattle under pressure while doing a good job running screen plays. Has a quick 3/4 release, demonstrating the ability to step up and into throws, getting the ball out of his hand quickly; deep arm strength will need to improve. This guy is a tough customer with deceptive speed with a nose for the end zone; does a nice job running the zone read play; makes good decisions and although lacking great playing strength he is very willing to take the ball inside for positive yardage. This is a talented athlete with the athleticism and on the field leadership qualities we look for when evaluating quarterbacks. Donatell does not appear to be an immediate starter at the major level of competition. Some time and perhaps a red shirt year may be necessary to develop physically while polishing his skills.

I thought Donatell was doing a good job last year at LB before he got hurt. He would also probably have to drop weight too etc.

The listed size for Donatell 6-6, 220 isn't that big for a qb, especially one who is that tall. His scouting report doesn't sound that bad. Not a bad choice to move a linebacker, if QB is still a great need.

I think Cameron Glenn will get a shot his freshman year

Also, i could see Cortez Lewis and Isaiah Robinson getting a chance to play as true freshman.

With that said, Rashawn Shaw is gonna be a beast next year

Any word on streaming or archived video of the game? I'd love to do more than rely on reports.

3 and out on 1st drive. Nice!

These offenses are absolutely dreadful.

In all seriousness, we better have a new qb in the fall. Cameron and Sousa are both inexcusably bad given how long they have been here.

Neither look good but Sousa looks way better. Cameron just looks clueless out there.

WakeFB
@WakeFB

TOUCHDOWN Kevin Sousa! He runs it in from five yards on the QB keeper. The Gold Team leads 24-0

Wait, I thought Sousa threw a pick 6? Wouldn't the other team have points if that was the case?

Back