• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Super Bowl thread

Flacco was great in that game and throughout the playoffs. Really don't get the whole Diego Tiger analysis. You really think they just dumped the ball off all the time? Crazy.

I think Flacco became good once he realized that guys being covered doesn't mean they aren't open. Boldin really doesn't get open, but still catches the ball. Before Flacco would have to see him open like Kaepernick on the Moss comeback that almost got picked. He wouldn't throw it if there was a guy close. Now he trusts his receivers. See every throw to Boldin, and the throws to Smith down the field earlier in the playoffs.

I think Flacco became good once he realized that guys being covered doesn't mean they aren't open. Boldin really doesn't get open, but still catches the ball. Before Flacco would have to see him open like Kaepernick on the Moss comeback that almost got picked. He wouldn't throw it if there was a guy close. Now he trusts his receivers. See every throw to Boldin, and the throws to Smith down the field earlier in the playoffs.

That's part of it. But the bigger part is Cam Cameron being gone.

That's part of it. But the bigger part is Cam Cameron being gone.

No doubt, I've wanted Cam gone for two years and couldn't believe he came back this year. The reworked O-line was huge too. Oher can't play LT, but is good at RT. Several ESPN talents say KO could be the best guard in the league(although I think Yanda is better), and Birk surprisingly played well in the playoffs. If we went with our normal line, not sure we get out of the first round, as I think Freeney would have destroyed Oher.

It was a terrible 4th down call but that doesn't make his point less true.

Torrey Smith got held all game. There were 7 penalties all game, and several were offsides that had to be called. Refs weren't throwing the flags.

Back