• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Super Bowl thread

And you know he thinks he lost due to one bad call. the guy is a major league asshole. I don't know how anyone can pull for that ass clown. Simms even mentioned how he complained about the calls last year. Complete lack of sportsmanship.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Is Belichik any different though? If he wins enough, people won't give a shit.

And you know he thinks he lost due to one bad call. the guy is a major league asshole. I don't know how anyone can pull for that ass clown. Simms even mentioned how he complained about the calls last year. Complete lack of sportsmanship.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Harbough of course wouldn't come out to interview. Such a sore loser.

I've noticed through the years that good sportsmanship is kind of overrated. They usually give good sportsmanship awards to the worst teams and biggest losers.
As far as being a sore loser, I remember what Coach Prosser said his dad taught him. He said, "Son, show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser". (Boy, do I miss Skip!)

I've noticed through the years that good sportsmanship is kind of overrated. They usually give good sportsmanship awards to the worst teams and biggest losers.
As far as being a sore loser, I remember what Coach Prosser said his dad taught him. He said, "Son, show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser". (Boy, do I miss Skip!)

Skip was incredibly gracious when he lost, not even close to the assholeness of Jim Harbaugh or Bilicheat. Skip's point was losing shouldn't be acceptable. Not i lost so I am going to go out of my way to be a butthole. Having good sportsmanship may be overrated to you but it's not to a lot of us. Mike Tomlin is one if the best at being gracious win or lose.

Last edited:
my BOI ray ray getting that second ring and walking off the field straight to canton. congrats!

had they called holding on the last play, there would have been no difference in the outcome right? clock that runs on accepted penalties does not get added back and whether they accepted or declined the penalty, it would have been a safety. i've heard the talking heads mention the no-call there (which was atrocious, it was clearly holding. baltimore was likely told to grab, hold, etc. as long as they could to kill the clock), but i'm thinking it was a non-event.

had they called holding on the last play, there would have been no difference in the outcome right? clock that runs on accepted penalties does not get added back and whether they accepted or declined the penalty, it would have been a safety. i've heard the talking heads mention the no-call there (which was atrocious, it was clearly holding. baltimore was likely told to grab, hold, etc. as long as they could to kill the clock), but i'm thinking it was a non-event.

Would've had more than 4 seconds for that last free kick return. Might've been enough time to get down the field, get down, and try a hail mary

so they would have added time back on the clock?

Yea. Jokes on Baltimore, possibly? Even if one playoff run gets him paid and he goes on to suck, Bmore still has the trophy though.

Just incredible. He sucks so hard all year, then turns into Montana during the playoffs. I'd take a trophy and a few more years of his suck though, not a terrible trade....

Thought Luck would beat them, thought they had no chance in DEN or NE. Had SF by a TD tonight. Crazy run. Flacco MVP.

No doubt. After Indy, I was thinking, well Denver has a decent defense, they won't let the Ravens feast on dump passes to the RB all day. After Denver, chalked it up to shitty coaching, and thought the same thing about NE and their beastly LB. After NE, chalked it up to injuries and figured Willis would never let them feed on dump passes.

Somehow those dump passes were always there when the Ravens needed them. Yeah Smith is a long threat and he's gonna hurt you, but I can't see how continuously letting a team nail 5-7 yard dump passes is acceptable.

the dump passes aren't what killed san fran. they may have extended a couple of drives, but it was boldin on the sideline more than anything. he and flacco have great chemistry on the back shoulder balls.

Not that bad, especially given the way the calls were going. I thought the calls were pretty consistent all night in terms of letting them play. A lot of holds and PIs were not called. There was a big hold on the kick return.

This. Holding and PI weren't getting called unless it was obvious, and both teams were doing a lot of it. Jim should have known by the 4th quarter that that's the way the game was being called. And there was a similar play in the corner of the endzone on a fade where Torrey was bumped. One of the Ravens fans I was with wanted a call on that, but I said no. The refs were very consistant - they pretty much only called LOS infractions and running into the kicker.

If anything, Jim should be pointing the finger at himself and his OC. SF ran on us the entire 2nd half, especially after Ngata was injured (on what looked like a clip). So you get to the 5 yard line with 2:00 left, and you stop trying to jam it in. Run it twice more and score, and we either have to call TOs or get the ball back with < 1:00. Instead he throws 2 short outs and a corner fade (not a high success rate on fades). Even had 1 of those throws had resulted in a TD, we'd have gotten the ball back with 1:40-50 left and our 3 TOs to go get a game winning/tying FG - plenty of time for a team that had already put up 34 points. That was a horribly coached last 3 plays. And then he was a complete dick about it after the game. His owner/president ought to make him sit down and watch a bunch of Mike Tomlin post-game pressers (as much as I hate Pittsburgh) to show him how to properly handle both success and failure.

That said, I see the future, and it's San Fran and Seattle. They're what Baltimore and Pittsburgh used to be.

What was weird is the 4th down play seemed designed to get a penalty called, not make a TD. The CB was lined up inside Crabtree to prevent the slant. Yet, Crabtree goes out of his way to run towards the CB and engage him, then try to run the fade after the initiated contact. Why not just run to the corner away from the CB? Seemed like Harbaugh wanted a new set of downs instead of really trying for a TD.

Agree with all saying horrible play calling at the 5. Gotta run that. Gotta let Colin sprint out once to run/pass.

And Flacco should not be MVP - Jones and Boldin made him look good all day. Jones' TD pass was underthrown, yet he made Culliver look silly in getting the TD. Boldin out-muscled/out-jumped DB's for balls all game. No great pass, but great receiving. I'm wondering if a WR could ever be MVP.

jerry rice won mvp once iirc. eta: also hines ward, deion branch, and santonio holmes.

disagree that those weren't great throws along the sideline. the coverage was perfect, so it took a great throw. also a great play by the WR, but don't discount how hard it is to make those back shoulder throws with that tight coverage. the deep ball was underthrown, but he was so damn open, i'm thinking flacco just didn't want to over throw it.

What was weird is the 4th down play seemed designed to get a penalty called, not make a TD. The CB was lined up inside Crabtree to prevent the slant. Yet, Crabtree goes out of his way to run towards the CB and engage him, then try to run the fade after the initiated contact. Why not just run to the corner away from the CB? Seemed like Harbaugh wanted a new set of downs instead of really trying for a TD.

Agree with all saying horrible play calling at the 5. Gotta run that. Gotta let Colin sprint out once to run/pass.

And Flacco should not be MVP - Jones and Boldin made him look good all day. Jones' TD pass was underthrown, yet he made Culliver look silly in getting the TD. Boldin out-muscled/out-jumped DB's for balls all game. No great pass, but great receiving. I'm wondering if a WR could ever be MVP.

Interesting take on Harbs part deux. But do you really run a play on 4th down play looking to get a call? Maybe 3rd, but 4th? I just think it was a weak ass call for 4th and the Super Bowl when he had the stronger team.

I could have gone with Boldin as the MVP - he had a terrific game, whereas Jones made 2 plays, albeit huge ones. But that throw to Jones was when Flacco was on the run and that was all he could probably muster in that situation. As for Boldin, he's caught more jump balls in his career from Warner than he has Flacco. That's who he is - mediocre at best speed, but great and strong hands, good leaper in terms of timing and good strength. Also a heck of a blocker. But I didn't have a problem with giving it to Joe. He threw those balls where they needed to be and made no mistakes.

Wasn't Hines Ward MVP a few years ago? Was Santonio Holmes too?

Back