• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL Thank you Jim Grobe thread

A toast to Jim Grobe. A man of high class and character.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Coach Grobe. 2006-2008 was a helluva lot fun. Sorry for all the yelling at you over the last 3 years, but I wanted my school to win again!

Thanks, Coach. 2006 will never be forgotten. I will remember fondly the wins against FSU and the game day atmosphere changes at Groves Stadium. Hope you get to enjoy sometime with Holly.

Wake Football meant absolutely nothing to me until Coach Grobe. I believe he is the best thing that has happened to Wake Sports since I've been a fan. Thanks!

The 2006 Orange Bowl. Beating FSU 30-0. These were two "pinch me, I must be dreaming" moments. Coach represented Wake with dignity and class, and elevated Wake Football to to its pinnacle. Thank you, coach, and good luck.

Turned LOWF on its ass and proved you can win at Wake. The ACC Championship and Orange Bowl appearances were unforgettable experiences. Did Wake proud every step of the way. Thank you coach Grobe!!!

Thanks for wonderful times. You are a wonderful person. Whatever you do next, good luck.

Looks like bkfs alterego has taken to the tags. Come out and play, bkf.

My wife is not a big sports fan, so in trying to explain what Coach Grobe accomplished at Wake I thought of the big name ACC schools that have not been to a BCS bowl...but Wake has! Thank you Coach.

"Takes a special kind of coach and a special kind of team to create a memory that an entire fanbase will remember for the rest of their lives.

Thanks for everything Coach![/QUOTE]

Slim nailed it... I had a chance to meet Coach before he spoke at a local HS graduation a few years ago. He was approachable, witty, and kept the audience (or at least me) entertained the entire time. His tenure will go down with the other legends at WF. I will remember the many accomplishments on the field and even the close losses. I am grateful for Coach bringing in so many quality kids that went to battle for us each and every Saturday. I will never forget taking my boys to see the Quad in the biggest rolling that I ever witnessed. We were mesmerized! Thanks for the many memories and best wishes to a great ambassador of Wake Forest athletics.

Big thanks to a guy who represented this University so well over the past 13 years. Perhaps the best coach we've ever had. Best of luck, Coach.

The 2006 Orange Bowl. Beating FSU 30-0. These were two "pinch me, I must be dreaming" moments. Coach represented Wake with dignity and class, and elevated Wake Football to to its pinnacle. Thank you, coach, and good luck.

My thoughts exactly....A good, good man

Great coach and even better ambassador for our school. Ron hasn't gotten much right lately but he was spot on when he said Wake Forest was indebted to Jim Grobe. Thankful for the time here and if he continues on somewhere else, I think we will all be rooting for him.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Out that door walks the greatest football coach in Wake Forest history, past, present or future. There will be others, but there will never be another. You're the man, Grobie. He might have been too good a man to be a great football coach in the cess pool that is modern college sports. I'd rather go 5-7 with Jim Grobe than 12-0 with Urban Meyer. Nothing short of integrity ever feels like winning. God bless Jim Grobe's exit, and Godspeed Ron Wellman's.

Growing up a WF FB fan in the 80s and 90s was brutal. Groves had horrible facilities and the on-field product was, for the most part, worse. I want to thank Coach Grobe for building a program that all WF fans can genuinely be proud of and one that we expect great things from. I also want to thank him for the success that led to facility upgrades. I'm looking forward to visiting the statue they'll hopefully erect in his honor, maybe with a plaque that says "Play like your hair's on fire" or "It's time to dream a little bit."

Out that door walks the greatest football coach in Wake Forest history, past, present or future. There will be others, but there will never be another. You're the man, Grobie. He might have been too good a man to be a great football coach in the cess pool that is modern college sports. I'd rather go 5-7 with Jim Grobe than 12-0 with Urban Meyer. Nothing short of integrity ever feels like winning. God bless Jim Grobe's exit, and Godspeed Ron Wellman's.

What about 8-4 with Butch Davis?

Reactions: TBR
Back