• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

Hey, sometimes I need to be (semi)publicly called out for my beta-ness because it's bad. I know I can count on TAB to keep it real with me on that count with my pop culture choices.

It's Jim Jarmusch and Method Man makes an appearance as Method Man. I'm intrigued.

The Conversation was good -- John Cazale and Frederic Forrest in small roles, but those two are always spot on.

Not saying I would, but if I wanted to watch what I would imagine is a dumb action series starring a hot chick, which would be better: Underworld or Resident Evil?

Yeah, he got overshadowed by Tom Hardy in Inception and I thought he was the weakest actor in TDKR (again, Tom Hardy....).

Not saying I would, but if I wanted to watch what I would imagine is a dumb action series starring a hot chick, which would be better: Underworld or Resident Evil?

This is a pretty thought provoking question. If you're asking about the series in total, maybe Underworld, though one of the movies is Beckinsale-less. On the other hand, RE is just unapologetically dumb, with no pretense whatsoever, which is a plus to me. Underworld does use legit actors, like Bill Nighy, Charles Dance, Tobias Menzes and other folks that you've seen either in Harry Potter or GoT, they're just doing dumb things. After typing all that out, I still don't have a definitive answer, sorry. It might boil down to who do you want to see onscreen more - Beckinsale or Jovovich?

They're both awful, but I kind of enjoyed the first Resident Evil at least?

Yeah, he got overshadowed by Tom Hardy in Inception and I thought he was the weakest actor in TDKR (again, Tom Hardy....).

Outside of Bronson and Bane, I think Tom Hardy is kind of overrated.

he's a good actor; surprisingly small filmography. Seems like he's in more things than his record indicates.

Back