• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

If you don't like Boogie Nights you have character flaws.

Dont spend money for the new Kevin Hart standup that is available on PPV now. The first 20 minutes is literally a word for word rehash of his SNL monologue. Really disappointing.

Also I they have been playing all of the original Star Trek movies on STARZ lately. Those are terrible and have not aged well. I had forgotten that a young, slim Kirstie Alley plays a Vulcan on Khan tho.

Took the crib midgets to see Sing on Saturday. I was not the least bit interested in seeing it but was pleasantly surprised.

I haven't seen Punch-Drunk Love, but I dig all the others. I LOVED Inherent Vice (have not read it or any Pynchon), but I was in a weird mood when I watched it and it just clicked. I also love the Master even though I hear the criticisms. Sometimes messy can be fitting and fun. And I'd watch those two ham it up for two+ hours anytime.

If you don't like Boogie Nights you have character flaws.

Dont spend money for the new Kevin Hart standup that is available on PPV now. The first 20 minutes is literally a word for word rehash of his SNL monologue. Really disappointing.

Also I they have been playing all of the original Star Trek movies on STARZ lately. Those are terrible and have not aged well. I had forgotten that a young, slim Kirstie Alley plays a Vulcan on Khan tho.
...... Did you pay for the Kevin Hart stand up?

Seems like this is for the opinions thread, but PTA's movies don't really do anything for me. I don't think that that I'll ever see any of them again.

I can understand this for everything except Boogie Nights. It is awesome, accessible, hilarious, well acted, great soundtrack.......I don't know, seems like a hard one to hate unless you are super conservative when it comes to the subject matter.

PTA isn't the best Paul Anderson. Soldier and Mortal Kombat are both super sweet.

Upthread people were dong slurping Event Horizon. Also you can't discuss that guy without mentioning AVP and various Resident Evils.

Upthread people were dong slurping Event Horizon. Also you can't discuss that guy without mentioning AVP and various Resident Evils.

One of my favorite Roger Ebert passages comes from his review of the first Resident Evil (The whole thing is fantastic, I recommend people read it).

"There is one neat effect when characters unwisely venture into a corridor and the door slams shut on them. Then a laser beam passes at head level, decapitating one. Another beam whizzes past at waist level, cutting the second in two while the others duck. A third laser pretends to be high but then switches to low, but the third character outsmarts it by jumping at the last minute. Then the fourth laser turns into a grid that dices its victim into pieces the size of a Big Mac. Since the grid is inescapable, what were the earlier lasers about? Does the corridor have a sense of humor?"

I drink your milkshake
Magnolia
Boogie Nights
Hard Eight
The Master
Inherent Vice
Punch-Drunk Love

I just watched the Mike Flanagan Ouija prequel and holy shit that was good. That movie is scary as hell. Very impressed that he was able to make such a good film considering how terrible the first Ouija film was.

Watched "Gleason" on Amazon Prime over the weekend. Highly recommend, especially if you like to cry your eyes out.

Saw most of Money Monster last night. Better than expected (with Clooney, Roberts and McNulty the floor can't be too low), but not great. C-

Also, the Walk (high wire world trade center movie) is so effing terrible. Only caught the last 45mins. Someone needs to deport Joseph Gordon Levitt. That guy is literally the perfect millennial beta male president of the 99lb weakling club. Between the Walk, 500 Days of Summer and a dozen other awful characters he has collects checks on, this guy has put white males back 1000 years. F--

Last edited:
Saw Patriots Day at wife's request. It kept me entertained for two hours. Though Mark Wahlberg's character was unnecessary.

Back